Location of 77 emergency flasher?

carl

True Classic
According to the wiring diagram, the 77 has a separate flasher for the emergency flasher lights and I have no clue where it is or what it looks like. The turn signal flasher was easy to find (with the dash off many tasks are easy on an X).

The emergency flasher switch is located in the center console. It's a black plastic rocker-type switch, similar to your headlight switch, but positioned vertically.

Jeff, I know that, I need to find the actual flasher unit associated with the switch. Wiring diagram shows it as separate from the turn signal flasher but like all wiring diagrams it does not show the actual location under the dash nor what it looks like. Guess I may just have to get down there and trace wires from the switch.

Never mind, I found it. There are about three tin boxes behind the fuse box, old style relay looking things and one was the emergency light flasher. More investigation showed no power to the emergency light side of the switch which reminded me I had not yet reinstalled the two 16A fuses back in the fuse box and of course that's what the e-lights get power from and now all is wonderful, all the fuses are back in place and no magic smoke.

Back