Long cold winter-Ferrari and Chevy models

I have an old Ferrari 288 GTO I have been building for 25years.. Someday I will finish it..

I know what you mean...

Winter Sucks! It only got up to about 67 degrees yesterday. Brrrrr!!! :dance2:

F328

Hi,
I have F328,
Also, It's very cold winter in Japan.
Also, it's was very hot summer last year.
I think there were no spring and autumn last year in Japan.
Something strange in the world.

Hi,
I have F328,
Also, It's very cold winter in Japan.
Also, it's was very hot summer last year.
I think there were no spring and autumn last year in Japan.
Something strange in the world.
Some of the coldest weather I ever experienced was in Sasebo in 1968.

What do to in a blizzard in a weather elongated Christmas break. I really hate winter.
http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/javandyke1/slideshow/Models

My son did the pickup, copper and white (I helped a little).
The Modena my boys gave me for Christmas last year. It was fun to build it but one a year is plenty.

I used to build model cars when I was kid. My dad was always getting upset because I would cut a length of his fishing line to use for sparkplug wires. Little did I know at the time that what I was doing was a precursor to what I have been doing for a living the past thirty eight years.
I did these a few years ago.

I used to build a lot but haven't really done much in years. I have a bunch of kits though :grin:

Last time I was building I was on a Fiat 500 kick and the only 1/24 kit of it (at the time) was the Gunze Sangyo curbside one. Here it is in box-stock form:

They also had a Gunze "High Tech" kit that was not a curbside. It had a metal engine, metal wheels, some wires and some photo etched parts as well. I give you the 595 Assetto Corsa. Really a rare kit but they do have an all-plastic variant of it now. It really required the builder to fabricate a lot of parts and finish the metal parts.

Next to the really nice Gunze Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR

Not content with that, decided it would not be hard to make a Jolly. My friend Randy had (and still has) one so I made a replica of his '59. Randy's car has the fancy bumpers, a surrey top and the American frog-eye headlights but at least I got the license plate right and made some plausible wicker seats. :)

The last one I made was the Giardiniera. Not 100% accurate as all the real ones had rear-hinged doors but I wasn't that picky about it. It is stretched the correct amount.

Scratch built from the doors back.

Was not entirely happy with the results but it pushed my abilities that's for sure.

Now there are a couple of nice Tamiya kits of the 500 and another Gunze or two. Maybe I should go pull one off the shelf and take a look at it. There are many more variants to build! :wink2:

Very nice work. Really enjoyable to see.

Over the years I have fingered the boxes of several of those Gunze kits at my local hobby shop. Of course they are long gone now.

Feel free to post a few more pics of these fine constructions. Thanks!

Thanks, Karl!

I guess I do have one started but I can't remember the last time I worked on it. It is an old white-metal 1/43 scale 1955 Mercedes Benz transporter with 1955 Mercedes Benz 196 F1 car. Both John Day kits.
Incidentally, just to show how the world of racing has changed, a cottage industry like John Day Model Cars actually sponsored Han Stuck's Formula One car in 1976.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/f1/1976/Zolder-1976-05-16-034.jpg

Anyhow, It looks like I got pretty far on the body work. These white metal kits take a lot of work as they castings can be a little rough.

Looks like you are set for a few more winters with that wall of boxes...

More nice work. Looks like a few years of work in those cases.

Nice work

I built that Lancia MonteCarlo in blue battle dress. It is a terrible kit! I couldn't get anything to fit right. Brian's build is a testament to his skills.
Also, that A310 is a 1/43 Heller kit which are also hard to make look that good.

Looks like I could dust my cars more....

.....but every time I touch them, something falls off. :mad4:

How Much Do You Want ?

For that Green X 1/9 Kit. 7th one down on the left column?
I built one a few years ago, but as "The Lone Lemon", my 74 X. It would be fun to build a model of "The Red Bull", to park next to it .

Just Got the Medical Update form My NEW DOC today.

I'm looking at 6 weeks rehab after Spinal Cord Surgery, before I can even think about working on "The Red Bull" again. Having that model to play with will help me get my fingers back to what they use to could do without a second thought. You'd never know by looking that these Hippies and the Cop, started out from a set of 3 Fully Suited up Drivers and 3 Bikini Clad Show Car Models.

The Decals on the Hippy Van are random "Temp" Tatoos I got out a a vending machine. The Decals and weapons came from a Batman Gotham City Police car kit. You can't see it on the trunk because of the tree, but to reinforce the tension, these "Hippies" on there way home from Woodstock in 1969, took a wrong turn and ended up in "Gotham Mississippi". You should be able to Close Up the pic enougyh to see the Conversation Cloud that should be on a wire, above the Blond, trying to retrain the Afro Chick. The VW Kit came with a Kansas License Plate. That was all I needed to create this whole scene. I can also substitute my 74 X 1/9 "Lone Lemon" model into the photo 5 years later, just by removing one of the girls./

Model Geeks Unite

OK, so there are more like me on this forum.
Just moved residence. Ended up packing...
4 x Large moving boxes
2x medium moving boxes
3x small moving boxes
1x HUGE moving box
and 2 garage lockers...
all stuffed with kits

If there are any past Tamiyacon guys out there give me a shout
That would be ironic as all get out!

When I was young I built military kits (primarily tanks) and Tamiya kits were among the very best, kit after kit.

Now of days I build more cars, or at least collect more car kits...:wacko:

We're Car Guys, What do You Expect

When We're Too Young, Too Broke Too Old or It's Too Cold, to work on the real ones. Chopin' Tops and Changing Tires on the little one's is just therapy.
My nephews got me back into modelling by being NASCAR fans. I grew up with Darrell Waltrip, even changed Tires for him a few times and one brother worked with Micheal at the local Pepsi Plant Mr Waltrip Managed.:grin::wink2: Our last name is "HART". One of the younger Nephew liked the guy in the Black #3 because he thought he was "Family". "Dale ErnHART":eek::grouphug:

How's this for a Parts Box "Slammer"?

That's Cadillac with 8 Webers. Those Red & White "Stripes" are REAL Naugahyde w' Pipe Cleaner trim..:headbang: Hey! I was probably 10 -11 when I did that one.

Tamiya

Hey Karl,
I got a chance to spend time with Mr.Tamiya at his plant in Japan. TOP NOTCH EVERYTHING. From the manufacturing to the guy painting the box-top art, to the 1:1 cars displayed in the lobby...all there in the plant! Best plastic kits on the market by far. I build/collect anything but always go back to Tamiya for a quality kit, and use them almost exclusively when I do a commissioned piece.

When you start adding up cost to time ratios, even expensive kits are a bargain at $1 per hour. I'll skip 2 movies at the local cineplex for a great kit any day and have 10 times the hourly entertainment to boot.

Back