Looking for 124 wiring diagrams

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
Hi All,

I'm looking for wiring diagrams for a 124, specifically the dashboard/gauge wiring. I have no clue if it varied much from year to year, or for that matter what year gauges I have. Anybody got any links? Or could scan some pages if you have the hardcopy?

This is for wiring the 124 gauges for my 037 project.

Thanks,
Pete

I have the 124 Special shop manual that cover my 72, but I am going to guess you mean a 124 Spider and not a 124 Special.

I have the 124 Special shop manual that cover my 72, but I am going to guess you mean a 124 Spider and not a 124 Special.

I don't know - are they different?

I'm not really certain which gauges I've got, to be totally honest. I bought them from Jeff Stitch a few years ago, I don't know if he would remember. I guess my plan was to review what I saw online or on forum, and see if the wire colors seem to match the gauges I have. Kind of shooting in the dark here, I realize.

Thanks,
Pete

My 1972 124 Special gauges look like this. Just two big dials.

124_temp_test2.JPG

My scanner isn't big enough, I can try for a better picture if you need it. The gauge info is in the lower right quadrant.
124 wiring 1.JPG

Hmmm no that's not what I've got. It's 6 separate gauges, Tach, Speedo (larger), oil pressure, voltage, water temp, gas gauge (smaller). Very similar to these:

IMG_1691.jpg

Thanks anyways though.

Pete

That's what I figured Pete, but you never know with these cars. Good luck with your project.

Back