Looking for a Fiat Mechanic, Portland, OR

deadline design

'85 Bertone
Hey!

A friend of mine has a '70's Multipla which needs some transmission work. Any of you PDX folks know of anyone in the Portland who still works on Fiats? I'm curious as well since I have an '85 X, which, thankfully has not needed any major work in a long time but, you never know!

Cheers!

Larry

The was a fellow named Jim at Hawthorn automotive near Mt Tabor. Built a 903 race engine for me decades ago. Don't know if he's still around.

Won't help you but I sold my old Multipla in '03 to a teacher in Portland. He was a diehard Multipla enthusiast.

What work does the transaxle need? You need someone with the know-how if working on the ring & pinion. Otherwise it's pretty straightforward and it's not that hard to replace things like the synchro rings. The teeth on the 1st gear can often be in rough shape because it's non-synchro and be damaged if a person doesn't treat it carefully when shifting down to 1st.

If you want a replacement, I have a couple available for cheap. Internal parts are available out there. There are European vendors that have parts and ebay.it can be a good source. I had Chris Obert re-assemble my 600 transaxle. I collected 100% all new NOS internal parts (over a number of years) and handed him the box full of them.

Gil, that was to add to NM850's comment, dnudelman answered just before me.

Back