Looking for a Yugo 12 gal fuel tank

fyremanbill

Daily Driver
Anybody have a fuel tank from a EFI Yugo, allegedly with 12 gallon capacity. I would like to upgrade my Lemons racer as the 8 gal only gives me about 2hrs endurance.

At this point, wouldn't it make more sense to just get a racing fuel cell in whatever size you want, especially if this is a race car.

I'm humbled. In a 24 hour period, someone here thinks I speak wisdom and over on MIRA I get compared to Dwight Varnes....all my dreams for 2018 have been met and it's only February.

It would, but that adds quite a bit of expense to a low budget car. My total investment in the car is about the same as the cost of a new FIA approved fuel cell. Then there's the need to fabricate structure to carry the cell, and separate it from the interior. I'm hoping for the simple, low cost, direct bolt in solution. Problem is there were very few EFI Yugos sold here, and 95% were long ago scrapped.

I have a spare 8 gal, and a spare almost everything else. My race car came with a spare Yugo...just in case. A few pics of the little car.
Yugo T-hill17-2.jpg
Yugo T-hill17.jpg
Yugo T-hill17-1.jpg

Not long ago, maybe a year, there was someone selling a late model Yugo and a parts stash on Craigslist Los Angeles. They are out there hidden away in storage lots or garages. I am still hoping to see some photos or info about the salvage yard in Virginia one of our members mentioned that has some 128s, Yugos, and other Fiats. I know it is not a short solution, but keep looking they are out there.

If you don't mind cutting the trunk floor, I would think a 124 spider gas tank would work. It's flange mounted and allegedly is 12 gallons. Problem is rust free spider tanks are not exactly cheap.

Just saw posted on craigslist los Angeles a guy selling parts off an 88 Yugo, in parts by owner section.

That's not going to do Bill any good, an '88 will have the same 8 gallon tank that he already has. He needs the larger gas tank from a fuel injected Yugo, which is the 1990-91 GVPlus (GV+).

BTW, that seller has been trying to part out that same white '88 Yugo via Craigslist & eBay for years now. It's a private wrecking yard (towing company?) in Sun Valley. Ridiculously expensive, ie: $150 for a mangled Yugo hood, wanted $295 for the 1100cc shortblock that had a con-rod hole in the side of the block. smh

Well at least we now know where the guy in Long Beach with the $29,000 X19 will be sending his car when he finally decides to part it out.;)

Bill, you should call Midwest Bayless now. They are selling a Yugo EFI drivetrain, so they must have the tank you're after.

Back