Looking for Fiat 850 Spider bumpers

Jim McKenzie

1972 850 Spider
I'm looking to buy a full set, but want the straight across front bumper, the one without the high center cross piece on the 73.

Please feel free to email at jimmckenzie108 AT gmail.com or here :)

Are you looking for perfection or something that can be re chromed?
I do have an extra set, while not rusty there are some small dents and they probably would need to be re chromed.
Pics if your interested.

I may still have the front bumper off of my '70 850 Racer. I also have pre-'72 rears. I'll have to check what I have & their condition while I'm at my shop tomorrow (later today).

8613C4FF-1E2F-4185-9466-5B7F2DD91B98.jpeg
Here is what I have.

Finally managed to beat the heat & get some photos of what I have! :)

The bumpers are in good condition overall, but the chrome finish is very thin (moreso on the rears), so these would likely need to be rechromed. No major rust or pitting on the outsides, typical surface rust on the insides. The front bumper has a quarter-sized dent in the leading edge, & the passenger-side internal L-brace (which the bumper bracket attaches to) is slightly bent backwards, causing that side of the bumper to dip downward at a slight angle (this is most likely due to whatever low-speed bump that resulted in the previously-mentioned dent). Not a major issue, just pointing it out. ;)

The front bumper is shown with the corner sections removed, as I needed to remove (keep) the turn-signals for my car (this also makes it easier to ship, so I haven't bothered to re-install them). Both front bumper brackets are included, as are all of the mounting bolts/washers (including the outer bumper tip bolts) & the 2 corner-mounting brackets/bars, as shown. The bumper tip-to-fender rubber gaskets are also included on the front bumper, but not on the rears (they went AWOL long ago).

The rear bumpers are as pictured - solid/straight condition but very thin chrome finish. I needed to keep the bumper brackets & license plate lights for my own car, the missing overrider was already gone when I got the car (these parts shouldn't be too hard to track down elsewhere, if needed). All 5 mounting bolts/washers per bumper are included, as shown.

Front bumper as mounted on my car, before removal:

racer2spider1.JPG

Front bumper assembly:

7071bumpers00.jpg 7071bumpers01.jpg 7071bumpers02.jpg 7071bumpers03.jpg 7071bumpers04.jpg 7071bumpers05.jpg 7071bumpers06.jpg 7071bumpers07.jpg

Just curious, my buddy just hit me up for a full front bumper for a 1972 spider with the high override bar. He saw one on ebay, but wanted to know if I would sell my spare, and I am not in the mood to part with it. I thought I would respond to this post to see if anyone had one for sale? Let me know and we can work out a cash deal or trade?

Thanks for the compliment but I don’t have the bumper with the override bar.
Never a fan of those as I almost always like the first design the best, they are usually cleanest.

Back