looking for rear trunk latch box

jimv

constantly frazzled
Anyone have or know where I can get a trunk latch box? A little over exuberant opening and old oxidized plastic broke at the attachment point.

any in black?

Do you have any in black? This is the whole assembly? levers& box? What How much for one?

I used a large and small washer to help hold it in place currently.

JimV

Anything, chrome or otherwise, can easily be made black!

Scuff up chrome, then prep as usual.

Duplicolor Trim Black... or Fabric and Vinyl Spray for flexible stuff...

Thought about that

Tony, Thanks for the note. That's one option I thought about. Actually I'm just trying to find a latch box of any color. I'll do what you said and make it black if it's not already.

My other option is to wait until the weather warms up and pull the broken one off the car, use some fiberglass and patch the old one. With a little elbow grease I think I can get the old one looking respectable.

However it would be easier if I located one intact. Vicks had them listed in last year's catalog, new , aluminum, but they don't have them anymore.

It's not a high priority but will eventually get taken care of.

Jim V

trunk/hood handles

I still have several here and I can powder coat the handles in black for you if needed.
e mail me if still interested.
aaaand do you need the cables too?
e mail me either way so I know.
mikemo90 at(the a with the circle above the two) aol.com

checks in the mail

I hate saying it but the check is in the mail. Thanks. One more item for the to do list as soon as it warms up.

JimV

You mean "if" it warms up

:)

Pretty freakin' cold here in STL Jim. Hopefully spring will arrive, I am sick of winter.

Back