Looking for some Tron Center caps or something that would work

jjay911

True Classic
I faintly remember a thread talking about an alternative replacement for these caps. If anyone has a set I am looking. It would help to put my trons back on the road... Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff, I have a set I can bring with me this weekend. However two of them are not perfect by any means. I was going to offer them with the set of Tron wheels I will be selling. Are you interested in some wheels as well?

Actually two of the four caps are in great shape and could be used by Ricardo to replicate I think.

If either of you are interested, please let me know before I leave Vegas for O.C. on Sat.

I'll bring the caps with me when I see you on Sunday.

Let me know if there is any interest in the wheels also.

I have more than a set of used tron hubcaps with all of the mounting clips (presently) all there. They are on consignment, and the owner is proud of them.
My own car has tron wheels with 1976 131 centers. Some trimming was required, but it works. And looks good. I have lots of those hubcaps, both new and used.

I have more than a set of used tron hubcaps with all of the mounting clips (presently) all there. They are on consignment, and the owner is proud of them.
My own car has tron wheels with 1976 131 centers. Some trimming was required, but it works. And looks good. I have lots of those hubcaps, both new and used.
I need only one to complete my set,

Hey could you post a pic of this? I have some trons, and have heard about this before...wondered what it looked like

They are on my web store individually under 5997826.
I am now down to two Tron wheel covers. Both have all of the clips, but both have minor imperfections on the visible face.

Kevin,
Just now see that you are asking for a picture of the 131 centers mounted. Do you still want to see this?

better than the original caps and a viable option...I got some trons laying round, I use to put 3 tiny self tapping screws into the wheel to hold them on. Right now I'm considering putting them on my car, as I have an annoying 50mph shimmy that I have yet to get rid of, and have done everything to get rid of it except change the wheels

It certainly looks better than no caps. And the original "Tron" caps tend to be delicate, and difficult to get a full good set (compared to these "131" caps). Maybe some creative paint accents on the wheels/caps, combined with the "131" center caps, it could look better than the originals. Or at least a viable alternative as Kevin said.

Back