Looks like I'm a new X 1/9 owner, guys!

Good buy for 6300.00?

• Hell no! You are a fool!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maybe you want Gary McCormick's car?
Leaves plenty of budget for improvement.

scratch the relist.
They'll offer that second in line the chance since just 100$ under the win.

snipd.PNG

Ad clearly had the payment terms.
Most selling cars on eBay will only take the first $500.deposit through PalPal..
Full payment cashier's check or what it says.

So you actually fouled up this auction and they will have to relist.
not flaming..just sayin.

View attachment 26036

You are not wrong.

Things just got shady fast after the sale, and I am terrified of getting burned.

I will just look local, what I should have done, moment one.

The only reason a seller wouldn't take PayPal is if the payment is through the business side and not friends and family side because there is a fee like on a credit card. He should have just said pay the fee and I'll take the payment through PayPal.

Relisted cars usually don't go as high the second time, you could get a bargin if it wasn't for the cashiers check which I agree is bogus.

You'll find another, took me almost a year to find a '74.

The only reason a seller wouldn't take PayPal is if the payment is through the business side and not friends and family side because there is a fee like on a credit card. He should have just said pay the fee and I'll take the payment through PayPal.

Relisted cars usually don't go as high the second time, you could get a bargin if it wasn't for the cashiers check which I agree is bogus.

You'll find another, took me almost a year to find a '74.

Yes, I wasn't going to gamble with 6300.00, and another 1k for a shipper to show up to perhaps, no car. Shipper still gets paid all the same.

I have the cash, I will just focus on my Ducati motorcycles and other cars until I find a suitable X 1/9...Looked to be a nice car, but I won't be burned.

Yes, I wasn't going to gamble with 6300.00, and another 1k for a shipper to show up to perhaps, no car. Shipper still gets paid all the same.

I have the cash, I will just focus on my Ducati motorcycles and other cars until I find a suitable X 1/9...Looked to be a nice car, but I won't be burned.
Might you be interested in my car? See info about it, including pix, list off improvements I have done or have had done by others, evaluation by MWB, cost estimate for recommended repairs by MWB, value estimate by MWB (it is still in Columbus OH.

If interested, message me.
Gary McCormick

I have purchased many vehicles on eBay and other such sites and have never been burned. The eBay auction lists photos of the vehicle and the VIN so you have a legal receipt right there. If he took your cashier's check and didn't send you the car, he would be committing a felony so I seriously doubt anybody would do that. However, I have always done the final deals in person. I can see how you might be cautious when dealing entirely remote and working with a shipper but still, I would have followed through with it. I'm sure you would have been safe.

Back