Loose mount?

Quantumleap

Rich Banks
My right hand inner CV joint is rubbing on the frame below it, making a grinding noise upon acceleration, very annoying to say the least. The lower transmission mount is fairly newish, upper dog bone was replaced. What should I look for? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean it's rubbing on the control arm?

Is the snail mount very worn? How squished is the trans mount? What brand and vendor did you purchase from? Any pics to see how much it maybe bulging out of the bracket? That would help isolate the issue. Trans mount is most common cause . Maybe if your right balljoint is shot it is allowing the control to rise more than intended , but that seems unlikely given the symptoms a bad balljoint presents can it be ignored when cornering.

Snail mount...is that the right hand upper mount? The Trans mount is fairly new...replaced it for the same reason. My whole suspension is original, so ball joint could be suspect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you say newish did you just replace?

I think the lower mount that bolts to cross member and the transmission, if bad, would allow the engine to torque forward which would cause the differential to drop. That may be enough to contact the cross member. I have installed a couple recently and one lasted a day! Broke off were it was welded and another had something wrong with the rubber... one of the sides just parted. You could just put the car in gear open the hood and rock the car back and forth. If that were bad the lower part of drive train will show a lot of movement. If really bad might just hear a clunk. if it is not that I would think you will see something unusual on the top section.
Regards

Back