Low mileage X for sale

I don't know in the States, but here, in Canada, a car sold in the fall is considered next year. I mean a 9/86 built car will be on sale only in september or later of 1986, so sold as a 1987 model.

I don't know in the States, but here, in Canada, a car sold in the fall is considered next year. I mean a 9/86 built car will be on sale only in september or later of 1986, so sold as a 1987 model.
It does have the plastic door gaurds, but if the title says '86, then...

It does have the plastic door gaurds, but if the title says '86, then...

I think the build date is the issue causing confusion. A carfax VIN check returns "1987 FIAT BERTONE". Which is kinda funny, these cars always get listed in weird ways. The Missouri DMV insisted my 78X was a "FIAT 2 door 128".

I've had the counter person at the motor vehicle department enter different title information (model, year, etc) from what was stated on the existing paperwork (title) when transferring a vehicle to me. Apparently their system shows information on the screen that may not match what all of the paperwork says. In other words, the car's identity can arbitrarily change over its life. I also recall an experience where the paperwork was missing and a affidavit had to be filled out to create new papers. Whatever info I wrote on the affidavit is what was entered into the system as the vehicles 'new' identity, regardless of the actual facts.

Very nice and well priced for what it is. Sadly two X’s is a enough for my marriage.

If you want to contact the nice fella who is posting that ad for a friend, he can be contacted at

Andy.truscott@gmail.com

You guys are going nuts over something of no actual importance, the official build year. I bet most DMV computers have a hard time between Fiat and Bertone, let alone what year it is.

I’m wondering if there are more pics of this car that I can’t seem to access. Either here or mirafiori, I only see the three. Hard to make an assessment. Am I missing something?

I’m wondering if there are more pics of this car that I can’t seem to access. Either here or mirafiori, I only see the three. Hard to make an assessment. Am I missing something?
Nope. You are not missing anything. You have to contact the friend of the seller over on Mira for more info. carl posted the email address a few replies above.

I live in the Houston area and went to Andy’s shop last night to see the car in person. It is excellent. Beautiful paint. Interior is great, covers have protected the seats and kept them like new. Engine bay is spotless and like it left the factory. Door latches sounded like a new car when you pulled them. Engine ticks over easy and purrs smoothly. I was unable to pull the trigger on the spot and you did so congrats on a great purchase. Worth every penny you paid. You will be very happy with it.

When I got my 400i, it was titled as an 85, but it's an 84. I fixed it when I registered it in Washington.

My Lancia Thema Turbo 16v is titled as a 93, but it's really a 91. This stuff happens.

Regarding the X, if it has the door beams and the funky font gauge cluster, it's an 87.

Even though we all like the paperwork to be correct, the funny thing is in the US it’s probably the last thing you’d expect to be authoritative due to the workflow/database sort of randomness that can turn your X1/9 into a 128 Conv.

Back