LOW PROFILE SIDE AIR INTAKES

tajiman

Daily Driver
This is my take on an air intake for my bike engined swap. Im enjoying taking out the box liberties with this build since it's going to be anything but stock. This will connect directly to the ram air intake on the Zx10r airbox. Screenshot_20191020-181325_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191020-181440_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191020-181440_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191020-181507_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191020-181325_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20191020-181246_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-181306_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-181306_Gallery.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 185
for my bike engined swap
Forget the scoops for a minute, tell us about the bike engine swap!!!

I like the scoop idea. I also like the universal fender flares. I have a set of those for one of my X's.

Use these to get that rare Bertone/Shelby look
Actually I looked into the possibility of using those Mustang side scoops for my X. They are not at all the right size/shape to be able to work. I considered every scoop I could find; including Subaru hood scoop, 500 hood scoop, later Mustang side scoops, Mopar dual hood scoops, Porsche Turbo scoops, Audi R8 scoops, and many, many more. None were a good fit, mostly way too large. However I did find a small universal hood scoop for muscle cars that I will use (one on each side). They are not intended for any particular application, but happened to be something that I think can be modified to work. These will go on the same X as the universal fender flares.

Still in the early stages of the build, powered by a 2005 ZX10R motor. I have some other info and pics on the site, guess you can do a search using my name. You are right about the scoops, left me no option than to attempt my own and also mimic the shape of the rear pillar. Currently doing some work on the zx engine changing oil pan, lengthening the wire harness to use the bike speedo cluster etc. I am also gathering parts for the build as money permits.

What a great and novel approach. Everyone is focused on the factory air intakes near the rear wheel.

Can you post pics of the drivetrain? Curious to see the layout.

With those ducts, are you deleting the engine cover? If not, what's the plan for that?

Drivetrain not installed yet, ducts will enter through the top of the engine cover which may be modified.

Back