Major Win Today for X 1/9s Everywhere

LarryC

Curator of #10105275
The wife's hard work detailing last weekend paid off today. I will post more images in the next few days, but the X1/9 took the coveted Albuquerque Art Museum Choice Award today in a crowded field of 350 cars in the annual Albuquerque Museum Car Show (one of the premier car shows in Albuquerque) themed to vintage imports. (Note: In this part of the world we get plaques instead of the big standing trophies I have noticed other folks get for car shows these days.) Lots of Panteras, Alfas, etc etc. And yes, we were parked right next to the entrance to the Museum, too.
IMG_0917.JPG

Nice work and a very nice payoff for you both. Congrats on your major award!

(Bowling alley to follow. Reference to a Christmas Story)

As promised here are a few more images from the 34th Annual Albuquerque Art Museum Car Show held right next to Old Town Albuquerque. Over 350 cars. Not shown are a Cobra Daytona, various Ferraris, and all manner of significant autos. Lots of petrol smells and rumbles.These are some of my favorites.

The corner next to the Museum entrance, early morning before the crowds started to show up.

Lot's of interest all day long.

End of day and packing up.

Healy 100, 1956 complete with period correct helmet.

SOME of the Panteras that were present.

My favorite, a 1972 Pantera, unmolested.

And a de Tomaso Mangusta.
May20_1s.jpg
May20_bs.jpg
May20_cs.jpg
May20_ds.jpg
May20_es.jpg
May20_fs.jpg
May20_gs.jpg
May20_hs.jpg
May20_is.jpg

Indeed congrats.

I was looking at your photos again and saw what at first I took to be a monstrous scoop on top of your engine lid, then didn’t see it in any of the other photos.

70E0254E-D9E3-4F72-B432-86EF91CFFA21.jpeg

It was only the engine lid of the car next to yours but the angle was such that it looked like a scoop. Funny how your mind plays tricks on you.

You guys are focused on hood scoops I guess. No, that is the old Jag next to the X 1/9. That would not be a hood scoop. One that size would be an air brake.

Back