MANDATORY SO-CAL EMERGENCY MEETING: Apr 29 2009

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
In case ya missed the California Dreamin' post...

Mike Soter is in town... So we're getting together THIS WEDNESDAY evening at 3020 El Camino Real in Tustin... near the corner of Jamboree... at the In & Out Burger... 4 pm start!

Here's the map...
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tu...eocode=ADDRESS

Attendance is mandatory... fines will be imposed if this is missed...

On a positive note... there will also be:

1. A guided tour of the Jeff Johnson Italian Car Collection
2. Southwestern comradery for the Northeastern visitor... (They talk funny & are fun to listen to...)
3. And lastly, MOXIE taste-testing... "Imported" to the west coast at great risk...

See ya there!

Last edited:
Ya know, I have the best excuse for not going. I have a gal I used to date that lives but a mile from there. Could be ugly if she shows....

I'm going, and will likely have my pitter with me. Once again, at a Fiat get together, my car is down and out.

Ed

Mike you can always come over tonight if you like. But you will be working in my garage... I have some Fiat items to accomplish and I am unfortunatly skill less....:confuse2:

JJ 949-910-1206

I'll be there

I'll try to be there around 4:30

:headbang::headbang::eek::headbang::headbang:

extrasmallrbrbadgezv7.jpg

Ricardo
X19/79

Hey Ricardo. I have an extra Top if you want it. Let me know..and make room for it in your car if you need to take it back...

Mike you can always come over tonight if you like. But you will be working in my garage... I have some Fiat items to accomplish and I am unfortunatly skill less....:confuse2:

JJ 949-910-1206

LOL, sorry JJ not to night. One too many margarita's...

I will come down, but first I have race to run..........

It's a road rally on the 5 freeway from down town L.A. to O.C..:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::whistle:
I have a 2pm meeting, I will head that way as soon as the meeting ends. will be at leased an hour in 5 freeway traffic.
how long are you planning on staying at IN and Out burger?
Or can some one call me if you guys move on to JJ's?

Doug Lindeman
# 310-423-5730

Hey Tony, how ya doing? Moxie? That stuff is vile. I use it to strip paint and remove clinging extraterrestrial lifeforms.

It's a road rally on the 5 freeway from down town L.A. to O.C..:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::whistle:
I have a 2pm meeting, I will head that way as soon as the meeting ends. will be at leased an hour in 5 freeway traffic.
how long are you planning on staying at IN and Out burger?
Or can some one call me if you guys move on to JJ's?

Doug Lindeman
# 310-423-5730

Yes we will call you...

Awesome time at the Tustin In & Out burger as well as at JJ's place! It's always a pleasure to see more X-1/9's in one location than their are in the whole North East...

OK, maybe just New Hampshire.

MINUTES and PHOTOS of last night's meeting...

Sorry Guys...

I was up until 10:30pm last night which is 2 hours past my normal bed time...

Here is the attendance list and photos of last night's MANDATORY EMERGENCY MEETING at the In & Out Burger in Tustin CA.

th_007.jpg

Sorry for the small fotos but I can't seem to make them any larger with my new machine...

Another step forward!!! Anyway, from the left and around is our GUEST OF HONOR and the reason we got together... is Mike Soter from New Hampshire, then Ricardo Borja from Anaheim, Doug "The Rat" Lindeman from Long Beach, Rudy Mortero, formerly of Connecticut and on his way to San Jose, CA... to the right rear is Gilles Deprovousin from Tustin, myself from Santa Clarita, Wil Hurd from Anaheim, and our tourguide for the evening, Jeff "JJ" Johnson of Tustin.

Arriving LATE as usual was Mr. Manhatton Beach hisself, Ed Ramirez...

th_018.jpg

Not in attendance was Mr. Ed De Carbo... Ed is a master carpenter and his claim to fame recently were his hand carved wooden Bertone Shift Knobs. His wife Barbara, left me a message at home saying that they are in Camarillo, CA as he suffered a Heart Attack on April 3rd, with a susbsequent Triple Bypass surgery afterward. He is currently recovering and I will get a status and let you all know.

If you are so inclined... keep him in your thoughts an prayers.

th_008.jpg

Here's Ricky... and that *(#$^&%)&* homemade Saratoga Top of his!!! I think this shot kinda says it all...

th_010.jpg

Another shot of Ricky and Mike...

th_002.jpg

Mike, Rudy and JJ...

th_011.jpg

Three of four X's... Rudy and Wil's Bertone, and Black Tooth. Also Gilles' Cayman, Doug's Mini Cooper, Mike's Caravan rental and JJ's Family Volvo Sedan equipped with a REARWARD facing Baby Seat!

th_003.jpg

A good shot of WIl... I think he's distantly related to our beloved Mac...

th_013.jpg

Off to the Johnsons' where parking in the complex was limited. This is, albeit rather large, actually only ONE parallel parking space that we all backed into!

th_015.jpg

JJ's Wall of Wheels... Jeff gave us a tour of his wheel collection taking down and showing us all the neat lightweight wheels in his collection that he SWEARS he'll never sell. All his cars are for sale... but not the wheels... With him is JJ's friend Tomas, with a Puerto Rican/Sicilian heritage! Other than that, all I know is he plays a MEAN game of DARTS!

BTW... we are all standing on his hydraulicly operated parking lift... he gave us FREE rides for 25 cents apiece...

th_016.jpg

The party shifts into HIGH GEAR as the Moxie flows endlessly... Sorry for the OOF shot... I was on a bit of a SUGAR high myself!

th_014.jpg

Here's a shot of JJ's blue Scorpian engine that is currently running on three. We haven't figured out what's wrong with it yet, any ideas would be appreciated...

th_017.jpg

Lastly, but not the least by a long shot... Emma Kim Johnson... the best thing JJ's ever done!

HA!

We had a GREAT time with a GREAT turnout, especially on such short notice... and once again... after we all kinda nodded over the cars... we spent most of our time just chatting with each other. Rudy catching a flight from Boston a day early was the BIGGEST surprize...

I guess he doesn't wanna be FINED for missing a meeting!

Last edited:
Who are all those little people???

OH!!! It's those guys!!

007.jpg

Left side front to back:
Mike "Rooster"
Ricardo
Doug "The Rat"
Rudy "RMMJ"

Right side front to back:
JJ "jjay911"
Wil "abec" (That's my guess anyway)
Pappa Tony "Blacktooth"
Gilles

I guess Ed was taking the picture? Sorry if I got my guesses of Wil and Gilles wrong. :)

Back