Manifold flanges

The new technology is impressive, but usually out of reach for the hobbyist. Anytime you introduce software to the equation it can greatly increase the capabilities and greatly increase the headaches.

I will see if I can get closer to a usable flange in the next couple weeks, this weekend I'll be working my clubs hill climb, not driving anything this year :( to many other projects that have to get finished first, but it'll be fun anyway. It's an awesome road to drive as long as you don't think about the exposures in a few places. Google Mary hills loops road if you're interested, there are many different groups that run either up or down the road, from cars to skateboards, lots of good video out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryhill_Loops_Road#/media/File:Maryhill_Loop_Road_from_air.jpg

Maryhill_Loops_Road

The new technology is impressive, but usually out of reach for the hobbyist. Anytime you introduce software to the equation it can greatly increase the capabilities and greatly increase the headaches.

I will see if I can get closer to a usable flange in the next couple weeks, this weekend I'll be working my clubs hill climb, not driving anything this year :( to many other projects that have to get finished first, but it'll be fun anyway. It's an awesome road to drive as long as you don't think about the exposures in a few places. Google Mary hills loops road if you're interested, there are many different groups that run either up or down the road, from cars to skateboards, lots of good video out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryhill_Loops_Road#/media/File:Maryhill_Loop_Road_from_air.jpg

Maryhill_Loops_Road

That is a very cool road. We used to run hill climbs back east on several mountains in Vermont (Burke, Ascutney and Philo) similar but with rock on one side and nothing on the other...

If you send me the file you have I can get one lasered out of light ga and work to see how it fits on my 87 that has the manifolds off. We have a large Trumpf laser in our model shop.

You can email it to karlmead at g mail dot com

Thanks!

Karl

That pic doesn't show the drops well, it's about 300 feet to the bottom of that draw on the left, in places it's steep enough that you wouldn't stop until the bottom.

Having access to a laser would be really cool if gov jobs were allowed... almost cool enough to go back to work for.... NOT.

I'll try to send you a file after I take another stab at getting it to fit next week. I'm packing now and leaving in the morning.

That pic doesn't show the drops well, it's about 300 feet to the bottom of that draw on the left, in places it's steep enough that you wouldn't stop until the bottom.

Having access to a laser would be really cool if gov jobs were allowed... almost cool enough to go back to work for.... NOT.

I'll try to send you a file after I take another stab at getting it to fit next week. I'm packing now and leaving in the morning.

No worries. Yes they do allow some government work :) I am still in a life position where I have to work for others...

I'll try to get some adjustments made by next week, have to get my mind back to reality. After being at the hill climb all weekend all I can think of is building a race car... I promised the better half I wouldn't run the hill until I have a full cage and associated safety gear. My existing race car only has a hoop behind my head and back braces so If you crash you stop the car with your face... and the Miata only has a bolt in roll bar so the same kind of thing. Last time I ran the Miata I hit 96mph on the long strait which is fast enough to do some damage.

Here is a look from the top down.
20170917_073840.jpg

Fun indeed! Kind of reminds me of Stelvio Pass (Italy and Switzerland). Haven't been there but just look at it:
Driving Road.jpg

Back