Mark Plaia

roadster27

True Classic
Our good friend Mark Plaia passed away this morning about 9am.

Carol said that he had several really good days recently, and was able to spend some time in conversation with his brother and some local friends before things took a turn for the worse this weekend.

Mark was one of the most generous and kind people I have known, and I will miss him.

Carol said there currently isn't a plan for a memorial service.

I'll pass along any other information as I receive it.

-Dean

RIP Mark Plaia

He was a good man who was generous with his knowledge and kind with his words.
I had the honor to meet him first time at Mac's memorial service and 1 other time
during one of my trips to the Seattle area. He will be greatly missed.

R.I.P.

Rest in Peace good buddy. Say Hi to our good friend MAC.

I'll take my X out for a good long ride with all of the bits that I've gotten from you that you designed and provided for us X-Heads.

Rolf.

Sad

Sad day that the X community lost such a brilliant contributor.
Sad that I never got to meet him in person.
Condolences to his family and all those close to him.
Someday we will beat this disease that takes too many too soon...

Mark was a kind and generous man. He never hesitated to share his knowledge and experience on the many occasions I would go to him with questions about the wonderful X I was fortunate to purchase from him six years ago. What a true gentleman he was... in every sense of the word. He and his wife are in my prayers. He is now in the loving arms of our Lord and may God rest his soul and give comfort to Carol.

Live your life now...

Mark Plaia, Dean, Steve and Greg would meet on a frequent basis at a restaurant to talk about Fiat and other such things.

Over the past couple of years Mark was growing more and more excited about his retirement. He would talk about his excel spreadsheet showing when he and Carol could retire and go on a couple of driving trips they have always wanted to do. We all know how the X does not make a great long distance traveler, so he purchased a really nice Studebaker to make the trips in. Sadly, the only real trip he was able to make in the car was the trip from the original owner to his house. It was afterwords he found out about his cancer.

All of their plans are now lost and it makes me want to cry...

Mark was a good friend and someone I will miss quite a bit. For a number of us in the close local area, he will be missed at our lunches in Springfield.

Live your life now, do not wait. You may not have the opportunity to do whatever you wanted to again.

Eric.

RIP Mark

Mark was a mentor to me in many ways when I got back into the X in Seattle in the late 90s.

A great man who will be greatly missed.

Mark, Rest In Peace

You will truly be missed at all Fiat gatherings.
A pleasure to have known you.

Carol, my condolences.

Jeff Gebhard

Amen to that Brother...

I cry with you.

Live your life now, do not wait. Eric.

Marko was gratified to know his illness
inspired a mission of seeking a life change.
With typical irreverent attitude (in a good way),
he commented..."Well, got you off the marker!"
He was able to see the change come to be.

What a guy. He left the world a richer place,
and I'm sure that brought him peace & personal fullfilment.
He's happy, I'm sure of it.

It is we who are sad for loosing his physical presence.
But his memory will live on,
and I thank him daily for the inspiration.

My condolences to Carol and the family

Rest in peace Mark, you will be missed.

I'm happy to have the memory of going to pick up that Studebaker with Mark. He was really excited about it.

I now have a couple of core 1500s to work with, so I'm looking forward to getting Marks Il Mela Verde back on the street again.

Mark Plaia, Dean, Steve and Greg would meet on a frequent basis at a restaurant to talk about Fiat and other such things.

Over the past couple of years Mark was growing more and more excited about his retirement. He would talk about his excel spreadsheet showing when he and Carol could retire and go on a couple of driving trips they have always wanted to do. We all know how the X does not make a great long distance traveler, so he purchased a really nice Studebaker to make the trips in. Sadly, the only real trip he was able to make in the car was the trip from the original owner to his house. It was afterwords he found out about his cancer.

Mark was a good friend and someone I will miss quite a bit. For a number of us in the close local area, he will be missed at our lunches in Springfield.

Live your life now, do not wait. You may not have the opportunity to do whatever you wanted to again.

Eric.

Back