Megasquirt 2 DIY kit

Pete Whitstone

True Classic
I was going through old boxes and came across this. I bought this probably 10 years ago with the thought of throwing on some car I had at the time - probably my Scorpion. Life got in the way, and the car went in a totally different direction, so time to see if someone else can use it. I really don't have much clue what it's worth. If no real interest here I will throw it on fleabay.

EDIT: I was assuming it was a MS 2 setup because the circuit board has "MeqaSquirt V2.2" stamped on it, but a prospective buyer thinks it is an MS 1. I do not know, so, no warranty expressed or implied, it is what it is, and I am not sure what that is. :) Still available btw.

Moderators, where is the option to change the title, so I can add a question mark after the 2?

IMG_2554.JPG
Sorry for the sideways pic, can't get it to correct. Thanks, iPhone. Anyhoo... comes with the circuit board, 2 chips, and what appears to be a barometric pressure sensor. No instructions. Very DIY but that should suit this crowd just fine.

$100 obo.

Last edited:
That seems like a very good price for this.

If it is of any help, I am in the process of putting together a MegaSquirt ECU based system for one of my X1/9's. So I can share what I've learned about how to do it; for example what sensors, triggers, etc, to use (including the ignition) and how to mount them on these engines. It is not difficult to get everything you need working to support this ECU. Unfortunately building this kit is beyond my personal skill level, but for those that are able to, this will make the total cost of a aftermarket ECU conversion very low (the ECU is by far the greatest expense). Some of the benefits of doing this on a X1/9 are elimination of the 'air flow meter' (swinging door air box)/stock ECU/stock ignition, ability to fully tune your engine (fuel and ignition), addition of a closed-loop O2 sensor, and improved running and performance.

There is a ton of information about this unit on the internet, including full instructions, documentation, support, etc.. Great opportunity here.

Back