midwest moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jay, nothing to see here but a good old fashioned shakedown by a landlord. But thank you for your concern and your eagerness to share the details within the community. Lights are still on, cars and parts coming and going, etc... Thanks to all others who have called directly to ask about the situation rather than speculate in forums.

I mean it when I say you guys are heroes for what you do for this community and the cars we love.

Once I buy my X 1/9, I'm buying a LOTof parts from Bayless. I already have your website in my favorites, and I have a long list of parts I will order once I figure out what year X 1/9 I end up getting.

Keep doing what you guys do!

Hi Jay, nothing to see here but a good old fashioned shakedown by a landlord. But thank you for your concern and your eagerness to share the details within the community. Lights are still on, cars and parts coming and going, etc... Thanks to all others who have called directly to ask about the situation rather than speculate in forums.

Matt and Marnie, as well as several other vendors, are well-respected and regarded here on XWeb for good reason. I am of the opinion that if there were a business situation that would have a direct negative effect on customers, as a matter of good customer service and respect, Matt would have posted an appropriate announcement with the level of detail customers would need.

Which is exactly what he posted and was quoted by the forum software above.

[On a lighter note, once again I am late to the party! The original juicy gossip post was edited less than an hour ago and I missed all the fuss! :) ]

[On a lighter note, once again I am late to the party! The original juicy gossip post was edited less than an hour ago and I missed all the fuss! :) ][/QUOTE]

Thanks Dan, you didn't miss much... lol :)

oh cool...if it all gets moved to VA with Carl, that means sooner or later I'll have it all!

I'm not sorry I missed the drama. Landlord shakedown...that's uncool.

There are days I feel like I have all his X stuff here. Yes, I too missed the beginning line of reasoning.

CG, I was going to engrave my name on the dash of the Fatrat and then realized my mistake and put your name on it.

Do one of those dash signatures as if he is someone famous. That will increase the value of the car...to him anyway (isn't that where it will eventually go?).

There are days I feel like I have all his X stuff here. Yes, I too missed the beginning line of reasoning.

CG, I was going to engrave my name on the dash of the Fatrat and then realized my mistake and put your name on it.
I can ship or deliver a lot of parts to Virginia!

No, no, no, Carl. I figured Matt should move to Albuquerque. Matt's overhead cost would immediately drop by 50% but he could keep the prices the same. Win - win. Which brings up the serious question amongst the custom auto hoses locally that scratch their heads as to why all the good businesses stay in the parts of the country where costs are greater by a factor of 2. Some mysteries remain unresolved.

Guys, I'm going to close this thread because it serves no purpose other than to upset a vendor going through the pains of dealing with a landlord.
When businesses become successful, Landlords often like to tap into that success. I wish Matt the best and hope all works out in favor of MWB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back