Mike Mudge

kmead

Old enough to know better
Godspeed Mike Mudge.

A post from his true one on Facebook yesterday 4/15/23:

50 years ago, I met this guy. We had practically nothing in common, but he grew on me and we created a life, a family, and many, many friends. He left us behind today, and I am crushed. He was a character--funny, charming, "Jeopardy smart," knew how to fix anything, loved his children, his friends, his dogs, his cars, the mountains, fishing, his stereo equipment and lived to chat with anyone. One of the things we did have in common was music, and that bound us together when times were tough. He will be so deeply missed and I leave you with a saying from his favorite T-shirt (from Sirens Pub in Port Townsend):
Here's to a long life,
and a merry one,
a quick death,
and an easy one,
a pretty girl,
and a true one,
a cold beer,
and another one.

Listen to "Privateering" by Mark Knopfler and raise a glass.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers,
Cathy (the true one)

1681646772063.png

Godspeed Mike Mudge.

50 years ago, I met this guy. We had practically nothing in common, but he grew on me and we created a life, a family, and many, many friends. He left us behind today, and I am crushed. He was a character--funny, charming, "Jeopardy smart," knew how to fix anything, loved his children, his friends, his dogs, his cars, the mountains, fishing, his stereo equipment and lived to chat with anyone. One of the things we did have in common was music, and that bound us together when times were tough. He will be so deeply missed and I leave you with a saying from his favorite T-shirt (from Sirens Pub in Port Townsend):
Here's to a long life,
and a merry one,
a quick death,
and an easy one,
a pretty girl,
and a true one,
a cold beer,
and another one.

Cathy (the true one)

View attachment 72526
Thanks Karl for the good words.

Godspeed Mike Mudge.

Here's to a long life,
and a merry one,
a quick death,
and an easy one,
a pretty girl,
and a true one,
a cold beer,
and another one.

Cathy (the true one)

View attachment 72526
By sheer coincidence I bought a CD copy of "Privateering" the weekend just after Mike passed (whom I never knew other than reading great posts). Listening to it now.

Back