Mirafiori Oregon 2023 dates and potential track day resurrection info

Andy

True Classic
Below is a copy of information currently posted on the MIrafiori site (also sent to the Mirafiori email list), future updates will be posted there for simplicity. Please consider subscribing to the email list to stay current on details as they happen.

Update your calendars, the date is set for Oregon 2023, July 17-23 is ours. Location is again at the Apserkaha Organizational camp on Howard Prairie Lake (hopefully there will be a lake next summer).
If you wish to donate to the event costs please PayPal to Eli (isaac@mirafiori.com). Facility rental is just nearly $3,000.

There was discussion at the last event about redirecting the track day. I am currently discussing with the sports car club. They already have their schedule set for next year, their July event is on the 1st and 2nd. They are checking with the track management to determine if the date we need (July 21) is available.
In the mean time I need a head count of folks that would be interested in participating.
I also would love some help organizing if this does happen. I can’t estimate cost yet as I don’t know what the rental and insurance costs would be.

If you’ve participated in our track days in the past I expect this one to be similar, starting as early as we can to beat the heat, three classes, street, prepared and modified cars based (loosely) on SSCC rules.
If you have not previously participated, most cars are welcome. The track is located in White City, about 45-60 minute drive from out campground.
Insurance requires convertibles to have roll bars. Other tech requirements are good tires, (no cord showing), all lug nuts present and tight, tight suspension, solid battery tie down (no bungee cords), and all loose materials removed from the vehicle. Helmets will be available for rent from the sports car club ($1 for the day).
This is intended to be a fun event, please leave big egos at home.

If you are on the fence about participating, please join us. You don’t have to be Mario Andretti, I used to run my bare stock Yugo and had a blast. Here is a chance to get your car on a track, get some official times to brag to buddies with!

I’ll keep this list and the Mirafiori Oregon (under events) updated. Posts will be made on XWeb to refer them to this list and/or the Oregon page also.

I do not use Facebook (or any other social media for that matter) so if someone that is on the Oregon Facebook group can refer folks to the Mirafiori page please do do.

Here is to seeing all of you at Howard Prairie in July, and hopefully on the track!

Andy

To subscribe to the Mirafiori Oregon Email list go here: https://lists.mirafiori.com/listinfo/oregon
Link to Topic on Mirafiori: https://mirafiori.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=102278

FYI, I saw that Rogue Karting is closing. It will be nice to have the trackday back on the schedule. Thanks for working to get the campground booked too.

Rogue Karting closing? That's news to me Dean, I was just there a couple weeks ago. It would be a shame if they do close.

I created the event in the "Fiats - Oregon" Facebook group and pasted the details.
Brad and I are planning to be there at least, and would love to participate in the track day. For the convertible roll bar requirement, do the roll hoops behind the seats on modern 124 Spiders meet the requirement? They are more than ornamental and are higher than my head...

Thanks for the facebook post Brett.
Here is what SSCC has to say about roll bars on their site:

Roll bars shall meet current SCCA Solo II rules except as follows: on open cockpit car and convertible cars with a functioning top including hardtop convertibles; a minimum of 1 main hoop is required and must be attached to either the floor board behind the front seat(s) or attached to the top of the “B” pillar and be made from one contiguous tube. There must also be 2, one per side, “support” bars attached to the main hoop at or above the point half way between the floor board and the top of the main hoop as measured from the bottom top most part of the main hoop. SSCC requirements for tubing material and inspection hole coincides with current SCCA material weight requirements, and inspection hole location. SSCC decision is final with regards to the legality of an individual’s roll bar. Roll bars such as “pop-up” and “vanity” bars are not legal.

Here is a link to the SSCC rules page:

I'd love to but I'm not sure my car will be ready aaaannd it's over 4000km, or about 40 hours drive.

Back