Missing shim washer in CV join

I hope that I put that washer back together correctly when I had my CV off for a boot and grease repack this last summer. I am usually good about keeping all the orientations laid out in sequence of dissassembly. But sometimes I lose track of something. I guess I will find out eventually.

I hope that I put that washer back together correctly when I had my CV off for a boot and grease repack this last summer. I am usually good about keeping all the orientations laid out in sequence of dissassembly. But sometimes I lose track of something. I guess I will find out eventually.
That's why I asked for more clarification on the details. This sounds like one of those things that's not called out in the manuals and could easily be overlooked.

I'm in the middle of this now too. One of my CV joints is completely missing the washer. I presume previous owner lost it during his refurbish. Is this something I could find locally? or am I ordering this from MWB and stopping my work til I get it?

I'm in the middle of this now too. One of my CV joints is completely missing the washer. I presume previous owner lost it during his refurbish. Is this something I could find locally? or am I ordering this from MWB and stopping my work til I get it?

You can get them from McMaster-Carr, but you need to figure out the size. Check with local parts stores and hardware stores to see if they can help you. If not, MWB you will get the right washer, but you will have to wait since they are at FFO this week.

Amazon sells them too.

And there is a Fastenal store in Lakeville.
21483 Grenada Ave. Suite 140
Lakeville, MN USA 55044
P: (952)985-4201

Last edited:
Back