modern Fiat 500 pastel green

RobM

True Classic
Can someone tell me the name of the paint color and the paint code of the common medium-light green used on the Fiat 500 hatchback?
It's was a popular shade of green in the late 1950s, and looks very similar to the color of my 1961 NSU. Thanks in advance.

Can someone tell me the name of the paint color and the paint code of the common medium-light green used on the Fiat 500 hatchback?
It's was a popular shade of green in the late 1950s, and looks very similar to the color of my 1961 NSU. Thanks in advance.
There are all of the old colors in a variety of places, likely even for your NSU. I can dredge up the old Fiat 500/600 colors if desired.
Vintage Fiat colors, these are the Fiat color code numbers
30F4D4CB-7B7E-4DCB-BBAD-E61FD84B0763.jpeg

Modern Fist 500 colors
Verde Chiaro

2529BEAD-E434-436F-B8B8-42627677731C.jpeg

Smooth Mint
EF1D1296-1BD4-4308-899E-39ABCCA495CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Fantastic Karl, thank you! I'm not going to be repainting the car. It has 2200 miles on the odometer, and although most of the paint is chalky, I've polished a few sections as "proof of concept", that the paint can be brought back (less the odd scratches here and there). (I love nice, original, unrestored old cars!) I'm having the hood hinges repaired by ODD Parts (Jim Simpson) in Sonoma, CA, so I will have to respray the hinges. Was trying to get close to the original color.

Very cool color. I love those old pastel type greens, blues, etc. Especially on two-tone cars.

I suggest having a paint shop color match the original paint AFTER you buff it out. That way they can make the new paint (for the hinges) appear exactly like the rest of the car.

Jeff’s suggestion is a good on. Colors change over time just by aging, the sun and environmental influences are additional.

Under the hood may be different but then one often finds the oil and gasoline outgassing can have unfortunate effects.

Anyway, a paint shop may have a portable scanner they can bring out to the car.

Back