MODIFICATION side view mirror through glass

Henk Martens

True Classic
Ciao amici,

NEW and original side view through glass mirrors for the X 1/9 have become rare and expensive
We stock some NEW mirrors for the next future but for now we have developed a great alternative:
original Fiat UNO Turbo side view mirrors.
These have a very nice and elegant design, in my opinion better than the original mirrors
Greatest advantage however is the price as we can source these NEW in Italy. I made a modification kit to make it possible to install these on your X 1/9 glass. A new original mirror will cost about Euro 150, these will cost about Euro 65 left or right side including the building kit

But suppliers provide 2 different mirrors: an aluminium version (the correct one you can use for the X 1/9 as we have to change the aluminium insert)) and a plastic black version (not competable). The plastic ones are easy to find, the aluminium Vitaloni however almost impossible but we have found a supplier in Italy so good news I hope....

saluti,

Henk Martens
martens.tuil@hetnet.nl

Last edited:
Very cool

Is there a right side electric option for them ? It's a pain reaching over to readjust after my wife slams the door ....

Back