Modifying a fiat 500 with a zx14 ! ?

bikesandcars

True Classic
I think I know where I can find a restorable fiat 500 (old school)

Is it just me or is that other thread here about modified fiats about the coolest thing ever! ?

I'm thinking a Kawasaki zx14 engine in a fiat 500 would be totally awesome! Maybe that's my next project... I wouldn't want to do it to a nice 500, but if it's ratty and needs some work anyway.. why not.

I agree...

The only issue is reverse, but otherwise it would be fun as heck to have an old 500 running at 10k rpm...

Eric

Motivation for you.

Give it a bit to get going, there is video in it...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjxVD59QJ70"]Fiat 500 Race Car Kawasaki zx12r & Fiat 500 Race Car Red with Golf engine Montichiari - YouTube[/ame]

From where I sit, it looks like an autocross type of event. It seems deceptive because the line they are running on the second half of the left sweeper looks like a very early apex is taken, when a late apex should be faster.
The cars must handle terrible in a corner. And if you get on the throttle early they must push instead of continuing to rotate.
And they sound like the shifter carts that show up to a lot of the autocrosses I participate in. Would be hard to beat.

I want one.
Chris Obert

Chris Obert

Back