Molded carpet

I believe that is the only "moulded" carpet I've seen still available for the X. Most are a "cut and sewn" type. I'd confirm it with them first.

The least expensive level material comes to about $90 USD (options go up from there), plus another $120 USD to ship it. A bit pricey, but not overly so if you definitely want a molded type. Any idea of the quality if the material?

I am going to ask for a sample of the color I want. Over 50-60 years I have redone many cars. I always feel that molded is better that cut.

I'm in the same category of redoing cars and fully agree about preferring molded carpets. The other option I like in some cases is a kit made up of individual pieces with all edges bound; not 'cut and sewn', but 'patterned' pieces that are individually attached. Some high end older German cars came this way and it looks very smart when done with the right material. However to be truthful, for my X's I just use a "cut and sewn" carpet made by a friend of mine - due to the very low cost (my X's are low budget). ;)

Let us know how the samples look. Unfortunately shipping from Australia tends to be high in general. I've considered a few items from there in the past but the postage rates changed my mind. However this still isn't that bad even with the shipping - if the quality is good.

Carpet for a right hand car may have a cutout for the gas pedal on the right side and it may not fit around our dead pedal on the left side.

Sounds good. Be sure and get the heel pad on the left side though. Ha!

Carpet for a right hand car may have a cutout for the gas pedal on the right side and it may not fit around our dead pedal on the left side.
I noticed the web site for this carpet has a left or right hand drive option to choose from.

Again, I'd verify everything with them first. The site has generic options for any/all of the vehicles they cover. So I wouldn't assume anything for a X1/9 specific part.

I understand that, but I'm saying to have them verify all of the other details about it for your specific needs. Foreign companies' websites do not always accurately represent what we think - especially for US spec vehicles. For example the correct placement of everything (like Mark and others said) for a left hand drive car. I realize the site has the option for left hand drive, but is the actual product correct for that - especially for a very obscure vehicle that is seldom ordered by US buyers?

Back