Montecarlo bumpers

It’s one of the small grills. I might have the center grill too. Need to check on that one.

Very happy with the Montecarlo bumpers from Ricambi Tuning. Fast shipping, packaged well and the mounting was pretty easy. I have grills and a Montecarlo noseband coming from MH, so will get all that installed and will start on my quad headlight conversion. Bumpers are heavy fiberglass and not flimsy at all, all the cutouts are done and has inserts installed for the mount bolts. I did not weigh everything but definitely has reduced the car by 100+ pounds and look really good. I am getting all the body mods and mechanical work done now before this car get's prepped for paint. I'll probably keep it white with black bands and black bumpers and trim, but will paint it in a Maserati white, as the car has a blue interior.
IMG_6162.jpg
IMG_6163.jpg

Monte Hospital shows the bumpers out of stock, but they still can get them. They are slow movers and high dollar so they have them fabricated as they are ordered. I just ordered front and back a few weeks ago.

Yes, I assumed by the "out of stock" note that they were not available so did not order from them. Their cost was several hundred dollars more than Ricambi Tuning and I would assume shipping would be similar from either company. When I was unable to find a nose band, I did inquire to MH and learned that "out of stock" means "will make to order", so I ordered a nose band and the front grills for my bumper. Will be interested in seeing if your bumpers are the same or a different supplier.

Very happy with the Montecarlo bumpers from Ricambi Tuning. Fast shipping, packaged well and the mounting was pretty easy. I have grills and a Montecarlo noseband coming from MH, so will get all that installed and will start on my quad headlight conversion. Bumpers are heavy fiberglass and not flimsy at all, all the cutouts are done and has inserts installed for the mount bolts. I did not weigh everything but definitely has reduced the car by 100+ pounds and look really good. I am getting all the body mods and mechanical work done now before this car get's prepped for paint. I'll probably keep it white with black bands and black bumpers and trim, but will paint it in a Maserati white, as the car has a blue interior.
View attachment 67275View attachment 67276
That car looks so much better than when it was in Washington. Great job!

That car looks so much better than when it was in Washington. Great job!
Yes, this car is a really solid example with all the right mods, but it needed all the cosmetics done and while it runs and drives, it needs to be refreshed mechanically. I'll pull the drivetrain and interior and get it painted, redo the suspension, reseal the motor and rebuild the DCOE carbs and put it all back together. I doubt if anyone will recognize it once it is done. Previous photo below.
Scorpion7.jpg

Can you tell me more about your mounting process?
For the front, I used a flat piece of aluminum stock to extend the grill support at the bottom out to support the top of the bumper. The sides had the inserts for mounting the stock bracket that bolts to the inner wheel well. I'll add some fasteners at the top once I see how the grille covers the bumper on top. At the rear, the ends of the bumper bolt in from the top, just like the stock scorpion rear valance. the top edge is held in place by another piece of aluminum holding it up and clamped by bolts in the engine bay at the rear edge.

Could be a good time to consider aluminum radiator and slim racing fans while front is apart. Wire fans appropriately if no longer using AC.

Parts arrived from MH, nose band and grills for bumper. I'll cut out the structure and weld in some brackets for the Zagato headlight mounts soon and figure out the grille mount but this is starting to really look good over the picture of the car above. The headlight buckets, nose band pieces did not look right painted body color in my opinion, so this will be a much needed improvement.
IMG_6258.jpg

Agree on the white Scorpion headlight buckets and it’s filler trim. The Montecarlo parts I could go either way, if black then with the side stripe. A charcoal gray like Mark Rawlings used looks great. Monochrome white all over is very 70s 80s Countachy.

Agree on the white Scorpion headlight buckets and it’s filler trim. The Montecarlo parts I could go either way, if black then with the side stripe. A charcoal gray like Mark Rawlings used looks great. Monochrome white all over is very 70s 80s Countachy.
Definitely will go with black noseband and the factory black side stripe on the white car. It is interesting how you can really change the look so dramatically with body colored bumpers and nose bands. The front end looks much shorter when you keep the black noseband.

Back