Montecarlo on Bring a Trailer

Here you go.
1978_lancia_montecarlo_15656704398495d565ef6DSC_0158.jpg 1978_lancia_montecarlo_1565670280cfcd2DSC_0175.jpg

Looks like a very nice Monte, but I doubt it is a 1978 car regardless of the documentation. Its buttresses and it's vin number suggest that its a 1976 car.

There's some info on it on the "other" X1/20 forum with the .net suffix. Its thread was started by Username Boxterman. I helped point him to the only reliable source of dual carb manifolds I know of that will fit this car (Pierce Manifolds). The manifold was designed for the beta Coupe but can work with some modifications on the X1/20.

Blue on red is a bit funky for my taste, but that's a small quibble for such a cool car.

Looks like the car is still available as the high bidder backed out (at over $16K). I agree, the red/blue interior is weird. Not a combo I would expect to see. Usually red is paired with white or silver cars. It is strange as it has the newer style split front grill. Seems like more has been done to this car than is let on? Perhaps they backdated the car's sail panels?

Did anyone notice the lamp mounted on the driver's wheel well in the frunk? I have wiring that goes there, but never knew what it was for. Figured it might be for the non-existent side markers, but perhaps it's for the frunk lamp? Does anyone else have this in their car?

tJ

Looks like the car is still available as the high bidder backed out (at over $16K).

The high bidder didn't back out, the car's seller had a reserve of more than the $16.5k high bid. Personally, I think he'll have a hard time getting more so I hope he's happy just to keep it.

Back