Montecarlo Turbo Body kit

BEEK

True Classic
I have been talking with the maker of this kit. The price seems fair including shipping 4920 euro for the kit and 730 euro to get it to the port in orlando.
I am jut a bit skeptical in making deals so long distance. We have not discussed payment methods. Any advice would be appreciated

16797171_1609189102430451_4297457073481962919_o.jpg
16797742_1609190569096971_5439538974419965571_o.jpg
16797936_1609188585763836_7149065249225884739_o.jpg
16819451_1609193405763354_6051903667209359686_o.jpg
16797603_1609187762430585_72447146899438950_o.jpg

Sorry I'm no help with the purchase situation. Just commenting that I'd not seen much about this kit style. Very dramatic looking. And no wonder the guy is selling these, he's got to feed that monster in the photos!

The styling evokes a touch of Testarossa to the back of the car, the way the curves flow. Me likey!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.13.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.13.34 AM.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 1,065
you and my wife agree, and she never agrees with anything regarding cars.. lol This is my unicorn. What I have always wanted to build. I will spend my ferrari fund for this build. Just cant afford to be taken, And not saying that that would happen. I have been doing diligent research on the provider. It appears to be a legitimate business. If I can pay with a credit card then im golden

Is this made by Franco Fibercar?

Checked, pictures are his.

Haven’t heard of any bad reviews about him.

In my experience, Paypal's buyer protection is a bit of a crapshoot. I've had it work for me when an item never arrived, because tracking showed it never arrived. But it didn't work when a seller sent me something that was a cheaper/outdated version of what I had ordered because tracking showed it DID arrive... beyond that, Paypal didn't care what was actually sent to me. I agree that if you can pay with a credit card, that will give you the most protection. I'd be worried about the kit being damaged in shipping and what happens then.

Very cool kit and very pretty faithful to the actual Beta Montecarlo Turbo race cars! Properly widening the Scorpion's track front and rear may be a challenge. I'd doubt the stock hubs and wheel bearings are up for it. Whatever is required, it'll be cheaper than buying this:

https://girardo.com/car/1981-lancia-beta-montecarlo-turbo-group-v_0

Some credit cards have different rules when used for foreign purchases. So if you go that route then check with your card provider first to be sure. Also ask what the limits of coverage are, this is a fairly large amount.

There are also brokers that do this sort of thing. They are often utilized when companies are importing large quantities or extremely valuable or fragile merchandise. But I'm sure there are some that will work with a smaller purchase. It is kind of like buying a bond for the amount you want to cover, so there is a cost to do it regardless of the outcome. I've noticed some of these brokers have been marketing their services for the importation of older foreign cars that are now allowed into the US by individuals. In addition to insuring the purchase value, the shipping, and the vehicle for damage, they can also assist with the paperwork to get through customs, etc. And even act as a translator if your seller does not speak fluent English. I've heard they also cover the importation of things like JDM engines, so I imagine some of them would do this body kit.

Last edited:
keep the reply's coming! i am learning a lot. I am very interested in this kit. i can handle the fabrication issues. I plan to build a tube chassis with a purpose built suspension. more on that later.. obtaining a lancia delta turbo or a thema turbo engine will also be a priority

they look good on the car, my friend here locally, Gordon, bought a whole car from the USA with one of these kits loosely fitted to import both the car and kit at the same time (it really was the easiest way) he hasn't finished yet but will be an eye opener on the road as it's for a road registered car.

He also has an 037 type kit from the same seller / maker, and the quality of the kit is good, but like all body kits takes a LOT of work to fit and align properly for good lines and gaps everywhere, and you need to sort out the hinging yourself, as there are no mounts on the panels for this.

The dog looks like an Italian Mastiff (Cane Corso) which the police and military in Italy use extensively, fantastic loyal dog breed... but at up to 65kg for an adult male they are expensive to keep for sure.

I think the seller is legit, I know a few people that have his kits and apart from high shipping costs and worry / small issues about damage while in transit, the transaction went quite smoothly.

SteveC

they look good on the car, my friend here locally, Gordon, bought a whole car from the USA with one of these kits loosely fitted to import both the car and kit at the same time (it really was the easiest way) he hasn't finished yet but will be an eye opener on the road as it's for a road registered car.

He also has an 037 type kit from the same seller / maker, and the quality of the kit is good, but like all body kits takes a LOT of work to fit and align properly for good lines and gaps everywhere, and you need to sort out the hinging yourself, as there are no mounts on the panels for this.

The dog looks like an Italian Mastiff (Cane Corso) which the police and military in Italy use extensively, fantastic loyal dog breed... but at up to 65kg for an adult male they are expensive to keep for sure.

I think the seller is legit, I know a few people that have his kits and apart from high shipping costs and worry / small issues about damage while in transit, the transaction went quite smoothly.

SteveC
thanks for the comment. I can fix shipping damage if necessary. I need something to start with. I am not looking to build a concourse car. This will be a race car than will see street use :rolleyes:

delta / thema turbo, both 16v and 8v are "reversed" port motors, so the exhaust will be tucked inbetween the firewall and motor, far from ideal, both those models are also balance shaft motors and designed to be stood straight up or tilted forwards (not backwards like a beta / monte) so those will present some fitment issues as well.

It would be much simpler to use the original 8v type head and keep the exhaust at the back of the car for turbocharging.

SteveC

bear with me on this. I can take the 16v head and all supporting parts. Place them on a non balance shaft block. use a trans-axle ( porsche type) place the engine north/ south then the side that the intake and exhaust doesnt matter. 450hp does matter. Yes i can source a 450hp v6 and do the same. but i want to keep it in the brand. Remember, tube chassis. Please keep the comments coming. I am not arguing, just exploring ideas.. And my life when the wife finds out!

bear with me on this. I can take the 16v head and all supporting parts. Place them on a non balance shaft block. use a trans-axle ( porsche type) place the engine north/ south then the side that the intake and exhaust doesnt matter. 450hp does matter. Yes i can source a 450hp v6 and do the same. but i want to keep it in the brand. Remember, tube chassis. Please keep the comments coming. I am not arguing, just exploring ideas.. And my life when the wife finds out!
well that changes things considerably... so you'll end up with an 037 style mechanicals, but a montecarlo turbo body kit... of course you know the monte turbo was a transverse engine trans, not longditudinal... but for a track car there is no better way to position the engine and use a "real" transmission that will handle 450plus hp

16v head and turbocharger, with the right parts and just 450hp is barely scratching the surface, plenty of delta based hill climbers in europe have 800hp plus... reliably too.

SteveC

I have many scorpions 8v is great , but not where I want to go with this. This is not meant to be an accurate replica of the montecarlo turbo, but more my way of doing it. the 037 style orientation is imho the best way for this to go forward. I figure it will take 2 years , being conservative, knowing how i finish things. I plan some modern innovations to be incorporated into this car. A lot of chassis aero, under tray aero. not to mention 40 years of technical development. My budget is looking like 50k plus. it is a once in a lifetime build. all of this hinges on me being able to obtain the body kit.

I had a fiberglass body kit (and windsheild) shipped across the country. I was VERY happy that the shipment was insured when I saw that it was destroyed in shipping.
The shipper did a great job loading it all onto a pallet, and placed large red DO NOT STACK ON TOP stickers all over it. When the pallet arrived locally I went to the warehouse to receive it. I was flabbergasted that there were two pallats stacked on top of it! With the DO NOT STACK ON TOP stickers still clearly visible!
Good thing the shipper was very experienced in shipping this kind of package, and was willing to advocate for me. Without his help I would have been SOL.
My advice - make sure you have good insurance!

Woo-damn, the gauntlet has been thrown down!
If this was in response to my post, then nothing of the sort. I hope BEEK can complete it in 2 years, and I look forward to seeing the progress, it will be a damn cool project. I just know what it's like to underestimate this type of thing. :)

Totally with humor above. I think we all know better than to doubt either of your abilities, this project being the magnum opus for BEEK.

A longitudinally mounted turbo powertrain in a tube chassis with Fiat/Lancia/Porsche components will be epic to watch from here, let alone as a solo build. Got me seeing Martini stripes already : )

Back