MOST beautiful X1/9

I get it. Hot Wheels are much more recognizable than Matchbox, and fit in better with the style of your car. As a kid I collected Matchbox, "Made by Lesney". I still have them. I got more play out of them than all the rest of the toys I had put together. But they were more true to the styles of the day, not racy.

I really love this one, even though I would never make a lot of these mods to my own car. Everything's really tasteful--just a very cohesive set of tweaks to streamline and modernize the design. Fender flares especially are tough to integrate just right, but (imo) these look great. The wheels and chunky tires are dope, a lot like the wheel-tire combos that were on some 944s. I even like the rear-view mirror, despite preferring the funky through-glass look of the originals. No idea who owns it, who did the mods, or anything else, but every once in awhile I just stare at it and ponder doing silly things to my car.

View attachment 34879
My old car yes it had a 2 litre twin cam supercharged volumex engine mated to a Lancia Monte Carlo gearbox had a smaller pulley on the charger had beta 2000ie performance cams the head was modified a larger carburettor plus loads of other mods such as croma turbo brakes and Leda coilovers

Cool!
How did it drive and why did you get rid of it?
I used to drool over that car too. When did you build it?

Cool!
How did it drive and why did you get rid of it?
I used to drool over that car too. When did you build it?

Hi Ulix, that beautiful green X was shown on an Autoitalia magazine back in the day. I have that copy somewhere.....excellent article

I like this one but I'm a litte biased
IMG_8228.JPEG
IMG_3498.JPG

Last edited:
When I saw your car on Aussie X1/9s I thought it was worthy of posting on here. Great looking car and custom bumpers.

Steve Hoelscher, The one photo of your one
This X has always been a favorite of mine. Not very streetable, but maybe I could move somewhere with smooth streets. :)

View attachment 34882
Or Paul's 74, very sweet:View attachment 34883

SteveH's race car:
View attachment 34884

I could go on and on. :)

Steve Hoelscher, I like that you kept the stock fenders on your #27 car, but wow you sure did pack a lot of tread width within the fender. More than I'd think would be possible, without flairs. What width RIMs and offsets, or size tires did you use? Whats your secret to fitting them in? Ps. That metalic blue color, is probably one of my faves for an X.

Back