museum quality 1974 on Autotrader :$21,900

I noticed the fog lights on the 74X have migrated from above the light bar to below. I think below looks better.

I have seen this 74X in person, both at MWB and at the 2015 FFO. It really looks like a brand new X1/9. I was wondering why I didn't have a good picture of it from the FFO, since my 124 Special was parked only about 4 cars away on the show field. I found this picture with the X in the background. Note the green X in front of Matt's sand X.
IMG_1597.JPG
Then I found this picture I took of the green X earlier as I walked thru the show field. Apparently Matt was getting a little extra beauty sleep and was late to the show field. You can do that when you are parked in the back row of the show I suppose. ;)
IMG_1592.JPG

And a shot of the 124 Special's very front corner pass side lights to show where my car was in relation to the 74X. I was parked right next to this 128 Rally. I thought my sedan was yellow till I saw it next to this Rally. Ummm, no. Not yellow.
IMG_1596.JPG

Door fit up is odd at the bottom. Both doors are tilted out at the bottom edge and this can be seen in the back vertical edge as well. I know, picking at a nit

Wow, that's truly in exceptional condition, and with some nice tasteful upgrades as well. It would really be something if it were a more exciting color, but the Cromodoras help a lot in the looks department. However I'd have to make some further modifications such as BVH, dual Webers, header, higher compression (assuming it's now only about 9:1) hotter cam, maybe a stroker crank, etc. plus some suspension work.....all of which would probably reduce the car's market value. Probably a better prospect for a FIAT collector seeking originality.

Door fit up is odd at the bottom. Both doors are tilted out at the bottom edge and this can be seen in the back vertical edge as well. I know, picking at a nit

Hey Karl, yeah, that perplexed us too. Those doors had never been off the car, but they were both kicked out at the bottom.

I blame it on the oddities of early production technique at Bertone...

Like how almost every Series 1 has pre-dented front fenders where they approach the door, like the doors had been opened too far on the assembly line, or the welding process somehow caused the sheet metal to shrink a little and kink there as it cooled.

-M

Damn imperfect Italian exotics. If you saw the amount of OE bondo on a Muira you would faint.

I noticed the fog lights on the 74X have migrated from above the light bar to below. I think below looks better.

I have seen this 74X in person, both at MWB and at the 2015 FFO. It really looks like a brand new X1/9. I was wondering why I didn't have a good picture of it from the FFO, since my 124 Special was parked only about 4 cars away on the show field. I found this picture with the X in the background. Note the green X in front of Matt's sand X.
View attachment 21204
Then I found this picture I took of the green X earlier as I walked thru the show field. Apparently Matt was getting a little extra beauty sleep and was late to the show field. You can do that when you are parked in the back row of the show I suppose. ;)
View attachment 21205

And a shot of the 124 Special's very front corner pass side lights to show where my car was in relation to the 74X. I was parked right next to this 128 Rally. I thought my sedan was yellow till I saw it next to this Rally. Ummm, no. Not yellow.
View attachment 21206

The color of it really drew you in apparently given how it is front and center in every pic you have taken...

The one being sold that is of museum quality.

It has to be about the least engaging color I have ever seen on an X. Perhaps it is the color that kept it from being used in anger.

It is in the background of all your pics but not the center of your attention despite what a remarkable car it is from a condition perspective.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be so obtuse...

Color bad, Car Good and loose the fogs although I do like the color combo of the interior. Nice to see this still exists. Bet you could win some sweet hardware taking this pup to Italian car shows, that is if anyone noticed it.

Well preserved and restored!

I do like the color. It's a matter of taste. It is period correct, along with the lime green and flat yellow.

As long as it is not red... :D

I like the colour too. Much nicer than the cars on the road these days in your choice of black, silver or gray.

Back