My biggest scar is from a hose clamp acting like a razor

When I was a kid working my brief stint in a gas station garage the other mechanics would get a laugh when I would wrap a shop rag around my knuckles when breaking loose a tight nut or bolt. It paid off on several occasions, not to say I never went unscathed.

If the biggest scar is from a hose clamp, then you are either very lucky, much smarter than me, or don't work on cars much. :p

Got this awhile back from a 128 headlight trim ring getting ripped out of my hands on the buffer... Thing felt like it almost broke my hand!

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_095604021~2.jpg
    IMG_20200710_095604021~2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 81
The one that got my attention most was when a cut-off wheel (in a angle grinder) exploded and a big chunk of it hit my thigh. Ripped through the pants and caused a huge laceration, abrasion, hematoma, and leaving a decent scar. But the reason it got my attention was the location....a inch higher and to the right and I'd be a gelding. :oops:

Funny thing, as I get older I’ll be working on my car and notice blood on parts. It’s only then that I start looking for cuts.

The one that got my attention most was when a cut-off wheel (in a angle grinder) exploded and a big chunk of it hit my thigh. Ripped through the pants and caused a huge laceration, abrasion, hematoma, and leaving a decent scar. But the reason it got my attention was the location....a inch higher and to the right and I'd be a gelding. :oops:
I’ve known a few people that have lost important bits. It always makes me cringe thinking about it.

I lost the tip of one thumb when I was about 12 - 13 years old. Happened using power tools. So you think I would have learned a valuable lesson at a early stage, one that would stick with me for life. Sadly I'm not that evolved. I remove all of the safety guards and do other dumb stuff all the time. Amazing I haven't had a lot more accidents. However I do seem to be a little more cautious as I get older. Mostly because I know I can no longer recover like I used to.

Back