My first Fiat

budgetzagato

Administrator
My first Fiat:
850Spider_zps3bb0014d.jpeg

NICE

I always loved this color, it makes me think 850 Spider more than any other color. And btw you forgot to say "In First!"

Details...

Bought for $375 including towing from a mechanic friend. I got it running in 2 weeks, the timing was off (the old #4 for fiats trick) and it ran great for many months. Eventually had an engine built by the short-lived Fiat Guys in Tacoma.

Ran great after that, new cloth top (vinyl would have been better) and generally tamed it back to stock. Sold it for $2000 to help raise money for our land in Olympia and also because I got an '81 Lancia Beta Zagato.

It was my first convertible, and taught me the joys of top-down driving even in traffic or light rain (rubber mat interior). The rest, as they say, is history.

Oh yeah... FIRST! :doh:

Not sure...

They were a great source of 850 and other parts for a while, they had a storefront in Tacoma that I visited a lot. I think the owner got sick and had to close. For a while he sold from home but I haven't heard about him for years. There are some older rear-engine Fiat folks in my area who still know the owner I think, more private dealings than public at this point.

Back