My first X1/9 what should I know

Merci Yves, es ce qu'il y a beaucoup d'autre propriétaires du X1/9 qui sont Francais?
Not a lot, probably less than fifteen, most of the french people's here are from Québec Canada of Montréal area, but they write in the english language and this is normal.
Sometime I pass a small word in french in order to wink like "Bienvenue".;)

Not a lot, probably less than fifteen, most of the french people's here are from Québec Canada of Montréal area, but they write in the english language and this is normal.
Sometime I pass a small word in french in order to wink like "Bienvenue".;)
Ah I see haha. Well thank you for the kind welcoming.

To diverge a little LOL, I purchased the LED headlights thinking because they use less power the X would be less likely to have any headlight gremlins. Does this make sense?

You are absolutely correct, you can drop the amp draw enough that the voltmeter does not change with the headlights on.. I run GE Nighhawks (not cheap) which are 10,000 lumens and draw a fraction of the AMPs a normal Halogen light draws. I ended up doing a bunch of research and two sets of bulbs before I found something that was bright, not too blue and not too yellow for my eyes.. Send me a PM if you want more details...

Ed

Hefty price, what work was done?
Paint, new engine and gearbox, major mounting mods, new exhaust, engine management system and dynotune, new springs,brakes and shocks to handle the 180hp engine. New mags 14" and sundry other expenses.

Should I be bothered? It seems like less weight which I'm always happy to welcome.

Depends if they did anything to compensate for the support bracing removed. As Mkmini pointed out, if you see problems with doors closing etc., then there may be unwanted flex. Pay attention when jacking the car up from a corner - probably wise to keep the doors closed when you do that, for example :D

I'm probably going to remove the same material when I make the custom dash, however I would want to add bracing back. Can't tell what's under there - perhaps they did? Take some pics when you can.

Back