My poor man’s lift

Integrale

True Classic
Built these work stands out of 2x6 lumber so I could get to my floor pans better. They are modular so I can easily add more levels. They are held in position by the trapezoidal wedges on the sides. Used a 28” rv scissor jack to get it up there.
092AF6CC-67AF-4861-AE98-1AC78455FEA9.jpeg
092AF6CC-67AF-4861-AE98-1AC78455FEA9.jpeg

I see a lot of stands like this on TV restoration shows and thought about building a set for myself. How is each section attached to the on above and below, just those outside plates?

Reminds me of this thread:

I see a lot of stands like this on TV restoration shows and thought about building a set for myself. How is each section attached to the on above and below, just those outside plates?
They are not attached to each other, the plywood trapezoids are there to prevent any of the boxes from shifting.

I was going to drill a long hole through all the pieces and install a threaded rod with washers and nuts. Your solution is certainly more artistic.

Remind me...

Yesterday I saw multiple advisories concerning two models of HARBOR FREIGHT Jack Stands. There is a recall out on them, here is one link:

There is a general rule: Never buy anything from Harbor Freight that your life will depend on.

Back