My Project : "Fiat 128 Rally" Replica - Retro Semi Racing

FYI :)

fiat128_page_1medium.jpg

fiat128_page_2medium.jpg

Thank you for doing this!

Now I don't have to! :grin:

I'd like to, but my 128 project is my first attempt at body work, so I'll probably just try to eliminate the rust and save mods for some other time when I have more money(and time...I'm short on both ATM)

And I have another car that needs some reustoration too, and a truck with dents...that should get me some practice....and time to collect rally style parts...Looks like you're pretty meticulous...I may lean a little towards ratrod with mine....

At least for the short-term- I'm actually motivated to kind of keep it b'ugly or even accentuate some of the flaws with this car in the near-term, intend to eradicate and halt the rust process but I may not bother replacing cancer with metal as of yet...might fill it sloppily with some bondo...

Because a good friend of mine was slighted a year or two ago at an Alfa Romeo club autocross-their national gathering I think, was flagged off the course during a warmup run or something...not allowed to compete bewcause somebody thought he was too wild or something????

And I want to crash the party this year or next, hike a rear wheel, and yell Italian epithets at that guy...then beat it back to the motel...and apologize later.

Like a cartoon kinda..and b'ugly would be suitable for that.

:devil:

Nice work you have there though, sincerely.

:thumbsup:

I See

A picture of engine parts - including a box with a clean head in it and a pan with a dirty block.

Great looking car, Toon! Keep up the postings and the work!

Your not keeping the 1116cc engine are you??

Go 1300 or even better 1500 or stroked, 1116 you'll be compression limited.

SteveC

Toon,

get rid of those plastic timing gears, go for some steel items. The plastic ones break around the centre metal bushing where the bolts goes thru... and it will rattle like a diesel engine....

SteveC

You've stayed with the 1116cc engine??

Change the exhaust manifold, loose the single out item, find a twin out from a 128 coupe/3p , like the one on your Lido ...it's worth serious HP (and extra fun) to you. Front pipe from any 128 coupe or an uno or strada with twin front pipes will adapt to your system.

SteveC

You've stayed with the 1116cc engine??

Change the exhaust manifold, loose the single out item, find a twin out from a 128 coupe/3p , like the one on your Lido ...it's worth serious HP (and extra fun) to you. Front pipe from any 128 coupe or an uno or strada with twin front pipes will adapt to your system.

SteveC

Yes Steve, I plan to upgrade to 1300 later.

Thanks for your advice, I will look for that exhaust manifold and the pipe. Hard to find Fiat parts here in Thailand, but I will. :wink2:

Back