My project is assembled after 10 years

When your image is uploaded, There is a an option after you select insert image for full image. We need photos of your engine. Great job, on doing it all your self. In am 64 and just starting to push my self to do more work on my cars.
I installed my own carpet on my X1/9. It was a kit from Midwest. Was not a fun project with less than satisfying results.
View attachment 54058
I should take a picture of my engine. The attached is when I finished it a while ago.

Attachments

• F2007A4F-69CF-4122-B6D1-9BFD6B9E536C.jpeg
    F2007A4F-69CF-4122-B6D1-9BFD6B9E536C.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the encouragement. I think my biggest frustration, is I should have purchased, the $700 carpet kit.
Instead of the $300. It would have fit much better, and had more area’s precut. I do agree about pushing myself to do more projects. I have been doing that on more of my cars. My mechanic always tells me, start with the simplest solution to fixing a problem. And then go from there. So that is what I have been applying.
My carpet isn’t great, either. I plan to redo that in the next few years.

Dude looks awesome, and YOU DID IT..feels great don't it? Just wait till you get bored and start wanting to do more modifications, lol...had mine for over 30 years, and I still enjoyed it when it was a POS, but was so glad when I got older to finally tear it almost completely apart and renew it to really roadworthy. My only problem is I can't stop thinking of new stuff to do with it...have you got a sway bar yet? easy addon, and you'll love it..
again, awesome job- enjoy

Dude looks awesome, and YOU DID IT..feels great don't it? Just wait till you get bored and start wanting to do more modifications, lol...had mine for over 30 years, and I still enjoyed it when it was a POS, but was so glad when I got older to finally tear it almost completely apart and renew it to really roadworthy. My only problem is I can't stop thinking of new stuff to do with it...have you got a sway bar yet? easy addon, and you'll love it..
again, awesome job- enjoy
I have both sway bars and an extra targa top.

Great work. Car looks great and I love the mustang as well. Great minds. I’m currently looking for a 69 or 70 mustang as my next project. Just assembling my 81x after 5+ years of work.

Just looked again at your pics, you're being pretty humble about the paint for a guy that never did it before- I can still remember your post on the shitty tin metal beer canning on you, trying to block sand it- looks like you figured it out pretty well. I have painted mine more than once, and can say these things are no fun in the block sanding dept, as the many curves are a PIA. I think it looks really good, always liked white on these cars

Back