Need a fix for Wheel Center Cap size issue

deadline design

'85 Bertone
I got a set of Henk's beautiful Fiat Center Caps for my refurbished CD-91 wheels. Unfortunately, they are too small. See the image below.

I tried to get them to fit using an 'O' RIng but I couldn't find one that wasn't either slightly too small or slightly too big.

Anyone else encounter this challenge? If so, let me know a solution! I don't want to send them back! I want to use them (though not LOSE them - falling out I mean).

Thanks! Larry

I use 3M Window-Weld urethane windshield adhesive or black silicone from the back side.

Butyl rubber...

Butyl rubber windshield sealer. Use it on all caps.
Even new Abarth caps...after one popped off.
Non-hardening and reusable!

Let's file a CLASS ACTION SUIT against Henk, or...

Use ANY silicone sealer... even if the cap fits correctly!

HA!

I have some "special" caps that I got for about 5 bucks for the set and when I lost one... it took months to find and cost me 20 bucks just for the one. I had used tape to make up the differences and it helped for years, until it didn't!

I started using silicone sealer and found the caps are easy to remove with an X-acto blade and some pressure and easy to re-glue in place afterwards.

Last edited:
A nod to the window sealant!

My daughter's boyfriend also suggested the sealant solution. I still like the 'O' ring idea and McMaster Carr is a great idea but I'm concerned about them falling off - even if I could get a correct sized 'O' ring, so I will go with the sealant!

Thanks all! Larry

A photo of the installed caps

Thanks for the window sealant suggestion. Put a wide enough bead of the adhesive in the recessed area of the sides and "squished" them on. Wiped off the excess with paper towels and then some isopropyl alcohol. Recommended curing time was 24 hours. These went 4 days...

Look great!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back