Need engine compartment brackets 1987

twincam69

True Classic
I need the brackets that are welded inside the engine compartment for the snail mount and the dogbone. This is on a 1987 that was partially cut for a K 20 but not finished. I’m installing the 1500 back. 8972FA6F-AB73-4AE1-AB77-20B5DBD97FED.jpeg51A5EE5C-651A-4CA6-A9BB-CE230001C495.jpeg

I might be able to cut these off the 85 that's about to go to the crusher.
There are 30 spot welds holding that bracket in place. I may have one from one of the cars that I have done an engine swap. At the very least you will need a cut off wheel and remove the engine to get it out. Currently I am in Texas, and it will be a week before I am back home to look for the parts you seek.

TonyK. With Bob Martin in The Woodlands Texas.

There are 30 spot welds holding that bracket in place. I may have one from one of the cars that I have done an engine swap. At the very least you will need a cut off wheel and remove the engine to get it out. Currently I am in Texas, and it will be a week before I am back home to look for the parts you seek.

TonyK. With Bob Martin in The Woodlands Texas.
I was expecting someone just cutting it out with the backing metal still attached to make it easier to remove. I’ll spend the time to clean it up.
Thanks,
Hampton

I was expecting someone just cutting it out with the backing metal still attached to make it easier to remove. I’ll spend the time to clean it up.
Thanks,
Hampton

Yeah, I had a good look at these on the 85 and that's exactly what i was thinking. Engine is already and they would be a pain to get all the spot welds, I figured I'd just cut em out.

I'm grabbing someone a fender top and me the windshield frame. So I'll be at it with a cutting wheel this week. I'll be in touch.

Back