Need help identifying cylinder head

bg82x

Bob Grasch
I'm looking for information on an unknown X1/9 cylinder head. I'm not sure if its a 1300 or 1500. I can't seem to find the part number listed anywhere. The head shows the number 4321562. Below are a few pictures. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DSCN6098_zpstkwby0ep.jpg

DSCN6099_zpsy4xzdtyz.jpg

cyl head

from the little I can see in the pictures I would say a 74. 75 to 78 had air injection by the plug holes. 128AS was the designation for 1300's as far as the number cast on the head and the 1500's had 138AS.
it also seems to have 10 not 14 head bolts as did the later 1500 heads.
but it might be an 1100 head or, off a tipo or another European model.
valve size would help also help in determining what year the head is.
keep us posted!!
mikemo

What do the combustion chambers look like?
Key questions are the dimensions of the combustion chamber (not counting any milled circular recess as in US-spec X1/9 heads) and the shape around the plug, and the presence or absence of the milled recess.

US '74 heads and maybe some '75 had a separate air injection port for each cylinder; later 1300 heads had a single rifle-drilled passage from behind the thermostat housing through all four exhaust ports in the head. You don't have these, so that's the only head I'm sure it's not.

Interesting information...

Thanks to everyone for the help. I learn something about these cars almost everyday. I have tried searching without much luck so far. I found a few references on some Italian web sites, but nothing definite. My search continues.

I have no way to remove the valves....

I have tried removing valves in the past without much luck. Even made a small jig to work on some 850 heads, but still have not been successful. Modern spring compressors don't seem to do the trick. For me anyway.

Got it...

I'm looking for information on an unknown X1/9 cylinder head. I'm not sure if its a 1300 or 1500. I can't seem to find the part number listed anywhere. The head shows the number 4321562. Below are a few pictures. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DSCN6098_zpstkwby0ep.jpg

DSCN6099_zpsy4xzdtyz.jpg

"128AC" is the designation for the Fiat 128 Coupe, & the engine code "128AC5.00" is for a European 128 Coupe with an 1100cc engine. No emissions equipment fitting ports anywhere, just the single temp sensor on the front. It should have a small combustion chamber width (80mm pistons) & the shallow decompression ring cut around the chamber like our USA 1100/1300/1500 engines have. Valves should be 36mm intake & 30.5-31mm exhaust.

Thanks Jeff, Looks to be what I have....

Everything you mentioned matches up to what I have here. I don't even know how I ended up with this particular head. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Back