New England Meet and Greet, Saturday June 18th

bbrown

Bob Brown
images
images

All New England X1/9'ers welcome for a meet & greet on Saturday, June 18th in Keene New Hampshire.

Festivities begin at 12:00 noon until 9:00 PM

We'll be having burgers, hot wings, salads, chips, all the fixen's and a special treat - Mike Soter's custom home brew spirits.
Among the festivities, they'll be a transmission workshop courtesy of Paul Stoltz and engine rebuilding. (courtesy of us all!)

If you have goodies you want to swap, bring 'em along. Several of us will be doing the same.

On display will be Mac's 1975 X1/9 plus a donor car obtained for the restoration. (Mac-X is yet untouched and the restoration begins in July.)

Those of you who haven't received a PM from me should contact me (Private Mail) for directions.

We're hoping for good weather but we've got the space indoors if mother nature rains on our parade.
Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Rooster,
Yes my plan is to be there, that will be my first time.
I'm little bit anxiety for my english ...is not my first language.

Take care

Not to worry Yves, my girlfriend Marie is a native french speaker. She's excited that a few folks from Quebecois are coming!

BTW..

I have a US carbed gas tank and sending unit that is in mint shape. Anybody need/want it?

Yes!

Yves, bring some goodies with you, and if you have a "want" list, bring that too... :)

Also, if you have a 5-speed transmission gasket kit that is unused, bring that, as I forgot where I put mine!!
(You'll see why when you get here) I will buy it from you or replace it.
It might rain here sometime during the day tomorrow, so if you want to cover up your car, bring a small tarp.
Otherwise... the rain will slowly melt your car! :shock:

See you Saturday around noon.

Your my hero...

I've been trying to find someone who has one they can sell or lend for replacement.
I will do either. THANKS ! :thumbsup:

Almost have everything rerady to go...

But I need a piston ring compressor and alignment pins/collars for the head.

Anybody got?

Bob,

If you didn't live on the wrong coast I'd show up and bring you some of those marinated shrimp I made when you were at Tony's house last September. Looks like a great event and I wish some of us left-coasters could be there.

Mike

Use caution.

Use lots of PB Blaster. I used a slightly oversized drill bit with my hand dril to grip and spin them. Worked well.

Well Mike, that doesn't mean

Ya can't ship me the secret sauce overnight! Ha!
You're still invited you know. Might be a little late for a plane reservation though...

Great shrimp recipe we had at Tony's, for sure! :thumbsup:
I'll be out there again sometime soon, I'm sure.

Back