New Fiat 500e debut at 2022 LA auto show!

gwbfiat

True Classic
On 11/17/22 at 10:45 AM pacific time Fiat is going to hold a press conference at the 2022 LA auto show to introduce the new Fiat 500e to the US market. You can watch the live debut on the Fiat USA website: www.fiatusa.com

For more information about the new Fiat 500e check out the Fiat 500 USA website: www.fiat500usa.com

George

On 11/17/22 at 10:45 AM pacific time Fiat is going to hold a press conference at the 2022 LA auto show to introduce the new Fiat 500e to the US market. You can watch the live debut on the Fiat USA website: www.fiatusa.com

For more information about the new Fiat 500e check out the Fiat 500 USA website: www.fiat500usa.com

George
Saw loads of them in Europe last spring. Gorgeous, and that big lcd panel looks nice too…

If this will be a color, my credit card number is…..

3E6C0051-E7AC-4CB8-9CE9-1C850C28E324.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how this flies with the current state of the dealer network. I know that the 500e has been the best selling electric in Europe for a number of months but hopefully it’s not too little, too late. It would be a great electric, around town car on (hopefully) the lower end of the price spectrum.… unlike the high dollar electrics currently available. The Fiat dealer here in central Illinois is really a dealer in name only. They have the Fiat shingle hung outside but no inventory and don’t give two sh*ts about dealing with Fiats. Fiat’s marketing department is going to have to do a miraculous job…. When’s the last time you saw a Fiat ad, other than on-line in your inbox? Hopefully we’ll get more than a few Super Bowl spots… 😳. Don’t get me wrong, based on what I’ve read, they’re pretty awesome and I’d love to have one. But Fiat has to crack the mass market, joe 6 pack world in the U.S.A. and the track record there is less than stellar. Fingers crossed tho… 🤞

It will be interesting to see how this flies with the current state of the dealer network. I know that the 500e has been the best selling electric in Europe for a number of months but hopefully it’s not too little, too late. It would be a great electric, around town car on (hopefully) the lower end of the price spectrum.… unlike the high dollar electrics currently available. The Fiat dealer here in central Illinois is really a dealer in name only. They have the Fiat shingle hung outside but no inventory and don’t give two sh*ts about dealing with Fiats. Fiat’s marketing department is going to have to do a miraculous job…. When’s the last time you saw a Fiat ad, other than on-line in your inbox? Hopefully we’ll get more than a few Super Bowl spots… 😳. Don’t get me wrong, based on what I’ve read, they’re pretty awesome and I’d love to have one. But Fiat has to crack the mass market, joe 6 pack world in the U.S.A. and the track record there is less than stellar. Fingers crossed tho… 🤞
Sadly, the 'average' American can't get past saying something brilliant like 'Fix it again, Tony' when it comes to their knowledge of the FIAT brand.
I could add more to this, but it's too obvious...

Marketing & advertising…. and it takes YEARS to change a brand perception. I drive a Fiat 500X and people don’t believe it’s the same car/platform as the Jeep Renegade. I find it easier to source Jeep parts & accessories for the most part unless it is something Fiat proprietary. Hopefully the force will be with them

FIAT does have an uphill battle. I drive a 2018 124 Spider and I'd guess maybe 5% of the people that talk to me know what it is. I've had some people ask me which model Maserati it is.

We have our 2015 500e still and the battery is starting to show it's age, plus the range was never great to start with. All that aside, we've loved this car and have been stressing out over how to keep it going as the rest of the car is still as new. We haven't found a cost effective way to replace/ upgrade the battery pack. The new 500e reportedly can get almost 300 miles range in around town driving, that would solve all our problems.... Just hope it's not $60 grand....

We have our 2015 500e still and the battery is starting to show it's age, plus the range was never great to start with. All that aside, we've loved this car and have been stressing out over how to keep it going as the rest of the car is still as new. We haven't found a cost effective way to replace/ upgrade the battery pack. The new 500e reportedly can get almost 300 miles range in around town driving, that would solve all our problems.... Just hope it's not $60 grand....
I think I read 250km somewhere? Still, that’s more than most other micro electrics, and enough to get to the big city and back on a daily basis…
Update: change that to 320km

Last edited:
Nothing personal, but Californians talking about buying electric cars just make me chuckle a bit.

Lol. CNBC? Consider the source. During the last ‘warning’ this summer, we still had 50% of unused overhead. Unlike Texas. We haven‘t had a rolling blackout hit us yet. Maybe in fire country, but if you head up to ‘The State Of Jefferson’, they aren’t driving that many Tesla’s. ;)

300 miles? It’s at 199 miles according to Fiat UK… https://www.fiat.co.uk/electric-cars/range-batteries-charging

which in reality will be 50% of that.

Back