New Fiat 500e debut at 2022 LA auto show!

This is from Fiat also, look at the "city driving range" Stop and go city driving is bad for gas, but good for battery... I have found my milage to be very close to factory ratings in my current 500e, certainly not half ...😁
Screenshot_20221116-181109.png

We have our 2015 500e still and the battery is starting to show it's age, plus the range was never great to start with. All that aside, we've loved this car and have been stressing out over how to keep it going as the rest of the car is still as new. We haven't found a cost effective way to replace/ upgrade the battery pack. The new 500e reportedly can get almost 300 miles range in around town driving, that would solve all our problems.... Just hope it's not $60 grand....
This really sums it up.

I test drove the Abarth 500 when they first came out. Didn't care at all for the instrument cluster. It would have been very difficult for my dog to jump into the back seat, not because of large size, she's a corgi.

I test drove the Abarth 500 when they first came out. Didn't care at all for the instrument cluster. It would have been very difficult for my dog to jump into the back seat, not because of large size, she's a corgi.
Really? I love the Abarth's cluster - so simple, so compact, everything I need with a couple of presses on the end of the stick. I assume you drove a post-2015 model? They changed the cluster drastically in 2015.
As far as your dog - the NEW 500's have a third door on the passenger side as an option. Happy pooch.

Last edited:
Well I watched it. For anyone who was excited about the possibility of buying a new Fiat sooner rather than later you will have been disappointed to find out that you will have to wait for more than one year. I guess I am lucky because I am not in a hurry to trade in my current 2015 Fiat 500e just yet as I feel that it has many more good miles left in it. I really do like the new Fiat 500e though and I would seriously consider buying one if they were available for sale in our market unless the price is too high.

When Fiat returned to the USA in 2011 I feel that they were in too much of a rush and they should have taken it a bit slower and have done the job right rather than botch it as it turned out. This time they are definitely not in a rush. Does that mean that they will do it right this time around? Only time will tell for sure but I for one sure hope that they do do it right this time around as I don't think there will ever be another opportunity ever again to get it right if they don't. So Fiat, if you are listening please make sure that you don't mess it up this time! Also I personally would like to see more models of Fiats being sold her not just the 500e. That new 4 door electric Panda variant looks really interesting and why not the 4 door 4x4 pick up that they sell in Brazil? Surely a vehicle like that should find homes here no?

George

With all the designer editions, this 500e is the marketing department's high-markup dream. I imagine it will be offered at $35,000 plus. Just right for the urban lifestyle trendsetters. I would like to see Fiat offer low content gas powered vehicles also. Just think: All the folks in Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming could buy them, drive them 50 miles and sell them as used cars into California.

With all the designer editions, this 500e is the marketing department's high-markup dream. I imagine it will be offered at $35,000 plus. Just right for the urban lifestyle trendsetters. I would like to see Fiat offer low content gas powered vehicles also. Just think: All the folks in Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming could buy them, drive them 50 miles and sell them as used cars into California.
Why would anyone buy a used one unless it was incredibly cheap? Only the first owner gets the $10k, right? Before this new version went on sale in Europe, used-car lots in California were selling the originals to people in Norway, there was such a demand for them over there.

Last edited:
I'm still curious to see how Fiat plans to handle US sales/marketing when they're such a weak brand in our market. Did you notice the map in the background when it gave the numbers sold in each region? Some pretty big numbers worldwide, until you looked at the North American sales and it showed 10K. Think about that.... 10,000 units in NA.... and I'll bet that's being optimistic. I agree that they need a wider portfolio of vehicles to offer here. The new124 spider didn't last long on these shores. They have such a palette of vehicles to choose from within their company but we get virtually nothing here. I truly believe they have a hard working, enthusiastic and well meaning NA group, but they lack leadership that takes the US market seriously. It's a big step for them to commit to only electric 500's going forward worldwide. I honestly hope they can get it together in our market. Continued high gas prices can only help them in the electric car world but they have to realize that there's a lot more to North America than the high population density cities they said they're going to focus on. The 500 is great but it's really small for most Americans. Then again, I look at the cars Honda and Subaru started out with over here and how far they've come.... but they were totally committed. I had a manager speak to us once about the difference between involvement and commitment. His take was "at a bacon and egg breakfast the chicken is involved, the pig is committed..." Is Fiat committed to the North American market? Stay tuned!

Figured it would be the 500e . . . . but was really hoping for the Panda or Pulse. Would love to have the Pulse here and feel it would sell well, especially the Abarth variant.

1668781712635.png

1668781733408.png

Why would anyone buy a used one unless it was incredibly cheap? Only the first owner gets the $10k, right? Before this new version went on sale in Europe, used-car lots in California were selling the originals to people in Norway, there was such a demand for them over there.
Regarding my comment that Fiat should sell low content GASOLINE powered cars in the USA... Here in California, it will not be legal to sell new gasoline powered cars after 2035. It will be legal to buy used gasoline powered cars. Therefore, I see market potential for selling used, USA certified gasoline powered cars into CA after 2035.

While they gave it some press, Hagerty isn’t optimistic the new 500e will be successful, at least that’s my take away from their less-than-enthusiastic review. Interesting is FIAT’s press that claims 320km range, and Hagerty’s opinion of 150miles maximum on the optional larger battery.
Just once I‘d like to see a positive FIAT write-up from start to finish?

Back