NEW from Italy strut upper mounts

Henk Martens

True Classic
Ciao amici,

After 1 year of waiting and delay we receive a NEW production of X 1/9 strut upper mounts next week
Many X 1/9 friends E-mailed us for these parts last year but all suppliers in Europe were out of stock, also X 1/9 Parts Holland

We are very happy to receive a bunch of these as production is limited
Also Italy is in "crisis" and has many problems with production facilities, scarcity of raw materials and price increases
These strut upper mounts are great and strong quality as this is the same manufacturer since 15 years

Unfortunately prices have increased about 30% (Euro 68 for 1/one) but we are happy to offer these as these are the only mounts available and we all need these parts to keep our X /9 on the road.....

with kind regards,

Henk Martens
Netherlands

Henk, have you tested the elastomer durometer of this batch or tried installing them on a late model X1/9 with the small diameter strut opening. These have had problems in the past. If the durometer is too low the strut cone comes into contact with the body even simply supporting it's own weight and the camber/toe is thrown way off. I need mounts but installing/removing/shipping/refunding was a pain I don't want to repeat sir.

We sell these (the same) strut mounts since about 20 years without any problem. All clients are very happy with the quality and the manufacturer in Italy is the only one that can produce these strut mounts as they did also for Fiat

Last edited:
I ordered four of these new batch of strut mounts Henk has gotten from Italy. They got held up by U.S. Customs for a week in Chicago because apparently anything that comes from Amsterdam involves bong hits or something, lol. After multiple sniffs, x-rays, and who knows what else, the much anticipated box of nefarious contraband got to my greedy hands here in Austin. With much jubilation and celebration I now have struts centered in my towers and can toss that camber fixing cam bolt work-around. These parts are the real deal. Get 'em before they're gone.

P_20220804_094920.jpg

Looking good, will be keen to see how they settle in.

The current ones look a different production though (and cheaper at €54 / ~$55 ?), I wonder if the rubber profile is the same:

Hello,

The strut mounts I send to "Cratecruncher" are the same as the picture on our Website, only the colour is changed into black as our manufacturer first made a pre-production series without coating. Fortunately we received them for some better price as we bought part of the production line. The strut mounts are all the same with a very strong inside rubber....

regards,

Henk Martens
www.x19partsholland.nl

Back