New reproduction intake manifolds, single DCNF

Dr.Jeff

True Classic
I am posting this for another member, not mine.

A Xweb member is reproducing the single Weber DCNF style intake manifolds for the SOHC engine. They will be available in the correct angles for either the 128 or the X1/9 applications. These are new castings taken from molds of original Sprint / Alquati style manifolds. The pictures below show the manifolds they are being produced from (not the new castings). I have it on good authority that the products made by this shop are excellent quality.

The estimated price will be $265 each, including shipping to the USA. The shipping cost reduces with larger quantities ordered at the same time. I'm sure variables in exchange rates, shipping rates, or other costs may vary over time, so I assume this estimate may change. It is my understanding they are being manufactured now and should be available soon.

That is all I know at this time, if I learn more I will relay it. If you are interested in purchasing a manifold please contact "Bojan" at: info@stolesraceshop.com

Manifold1.jpg
Manifold2.jpg
Manifold3.jpg

My personal experience with this vendor "Stoles Race Shop". I ordered a pair of valve covers from them through ebay, my account was charged immediately. I waited for 3 weeks for my parts and then sent an email to see if they had shipped yet. I received no reply. This went on for 3 more weeks with no reply. I opened an official complaint file with ebay and then 2 more weeks passed with nothing. Then right at the point i was about to get my money back, I got an email; that the parts had just shipped. One week later I received my parts. Everything was just as described and i was very pleased with the product. SO my suggestion is to be aware they take a long time to ship. Others may have not had this experience but I did.
All this being said I would order from them again just realizing that it may take a long time to get my parts.

This now begs the question, is a single 40 DCNF better than a single 34 DATR for street use? I seem to recall some issues about mid throttle flat spot.

Thanks to Beek and Ulix for the feedback about shipping. I have not purchased anything from this person so cannot comment on his response time. I will say I've done a lot of shipments from various overseas locations and it can be very unpredictable; at times a package can come from the opposite side of the globe faster (and cheaper) than a letter can get across town, and at other times the same package from the same shipper can take months...regardless of when/how it was sent.

Just to be clear, I have no relation to or involvement in this offering. I was interested in the product for myself and reached out to him. I realized there was a minor language barrier so I thought it would benefit other forum members if I helped him post it. He also offers other interesting performance equipment for the SOHC that may not be available elsewhere (that I know of). And I always appreciate such finds.

New product by Stole"s Race Shop!!
Inlet manifold Fiat 128-X1/9 Yugo
1xWeber DCNF or DCD
Machine works in progress...
Price 180€
Shipping EU 20€
Worldwide 40€

Attachments

• 27152680_10212161303002591_1172072028_n.jpg
    27152680_10212161303002591_1172072028_n.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 27043588_10212161301882563_2144085870_n.jpg
    27043588_10212161301882563_2144085870_n.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 50
This now begs the question, is a single 40 DCNF better than a single 34 DATR for street use? I seem to recall some issues about mid throttle flat spot.

I nominate you to be the official "tester outer" to find out Carl. You have quite a bit of experience with carbs. Could be a fun exercise.

"Highjacking: If you have something for sale that is similar to something offered in a "for sale" post by another user, please create a new post for your offer."

Same product, same vendor, I believe 128zfa is Stoles race shop, which is what Dr Jeff was advertising in the first place.

The fellow in Greece does appear to sell interesting manifolds for single and multiple carbs for Fiats. I was actually going to ask if any of you had dealt with him.

Mike, I'd be happy to play with a single DCNF or single IDF if someone wants to lend me the manifold and carb!

The fellow in Greece does appear to sell interesting manifolds for single and multiple carbs for Fiats. I was actually going to ask if any of you had dealt with him.

Mike, I'd be happy to play with a single DCNF or single IDF if someone wants to lend me the manifold and carb!

I can probably dig something up for a DMTR and DCNF, but no IDFs. Let me take a look.

Same product, same vendor, I believe 128zfa is Stoles race shop, which is what Dr Jeff was advertising in the first place.

No, not the same product & not the same vendor. The vendor being highlighted by the OP (Dr. Jeff) is 128zfa (aka: Stoles) in Croatia, offering an "Inlet manifold Fiat 128-X1/9 Yugo 1xWeber DCNF or DCD".

The other post I was quoting was by jimgkioulis in Greece, who was offering a single-carb manifold for "x19 and 128 idf weber drla dellorto".

The FS post by jimgkioulis was a hijack of the original FS post by Dr. Jeff re: 128zfa's offering.

No, not the same product & not the same vendor. The vendor being highlighted by the OP (Dr. Jeff) is 128zfa (aka: Stoles) in Croatia, offering an "Inlet manifold Fiat 128-X1/9 Yugo 1xWeber DCNF or DCD".

The other post I was quoting was by jimgkioulis in Greece, who was offering a single-carb manifold for "x19 and 128 idf weber drla dellorto".

The FS post by jimgkioulis was a hijack of the original FS post by Dr. Jeff re: 128zfa's offering.

Yeah I get that all now. By the time I read the post, the Greek vendors post had been deleted and your post was immediately under 128zfa's post.

Should have minded my own business.

Carl, I think we ought to put a plan together. I just got done poking around and I would be happy to send you some stuff to test. My suggestion is we test:
- 32 dmtr (stock '74 carb) on a '74 manifold
- 34 dmtr (we have to figure out which one) on a '74 manifold
- 36 DCNF (DCN, DCNFV, DCNV which one?) on a modified stock manifold (from down under)
- 40 DCNF on a modified stock manifold (from down under)
I should be able to provide similar air filters for all of the above, and jets, but I don't have the dedicated single DCNF manifold as featured in this thread. I think it would be great to get dyno numbers, but...I would be just as happy hearing your seat of the pants impression as that is pretty much how most of us evaluate these kinds of modifications.

Oh lord, I better buy intake manifold gaskets by the sixpack. Fortunately the water ports on my X head were blocked off by the previous engine builder so no playing with slimy stuff. I will soon be getting an AEM air/fuel meter installed. Seriously, I would entertain doing this if someone could supply me the manifolds and carbs (I have a 34 DMTR but I don't know what manifold I have, will read off the serial number to you guys). Obviously I can give you street driving report but taking each setup to my dyno shop would get expensive. Maybe some sort of street app for my phone?

Oh lord, I better buy intake manifold gaskets by the sixpack. Fortunately the water ports on my X head were blocked off by the previous engine builder so no playing with slimy stuff. I will soon be getting an AEM air/fuel meter installed. Seriously, I would entertain doing this if someone could supply me the manifolds and carbs (I have a 34 DMTR but I don't know what manifold I have, will read off the serial number to you guys). Obviously I can give you street driving report but taking each setup to my dyno shop would get expensive. Maybe some sort of street app for my phone?
Carl, I can supply you with all of the stuff I listed. I have quite a collection of carbs. I also have some gaskets. If you have a 34 DMTR you should probably use it but there were different versions of that carb so it would be good to figure out which 34 DMTR is best to test. Same for the intakes, but I would think the '74 would be the best one to use as it's a common upgrade.
I think you're going to have to change the intake manifold 3 or 4 times.
1 - change from the DCOEs to stock manifold to test the 32 DMTR, and 34 DMTR. Next change the stock manifold out to the manifold modified to use DCNF carbs to test the 36 DCNF and 40 DCNF. Then of course you'll want to put your DCOEs back on - right?
Any interest in testing dual 36 DCNFs and 40 DCNFs too? How about 45 DCOEs?
Perhaps we should start a new thread and put together a plan?

Back