New USA left front fender for sale

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
Had a client drop off some parts to help pay for his repairs, and one on them is a new left front fender for an X1/9. My regular price is US $750.00, but I will let this one go for $500.00 to generate much needed cash flow on the project.

4422460n.JPG

If you pick it up in Santa Cruz California you won't have to pay shipping. If you want me to ship it, deliveries to a California delivery address will also need to pay California sales tax.
I can ship in in an approximate 55 x 25 x 10" box. It won't be inexpensive to ship.

I can also deliver to Concorso Italiano for no charge, but it will need to be paid in full before August 15 so I can pack it into the truck.

There is only one. After this is gone the price is back to my "regular" price.

Last edited:
Chris,
Made for a '75 - '78 X? (I know, only needs slight mods to work with '79 up cars. But I believe the '73-'74 fenders were different.)

Chris,
Made for a '75 - '78 X? (I know, only needs slight mods to work with '79 up cars. But I believe the '73-'74 fenders were different.)

This is actually a 1300 fender because of the mounting tab for the 1300 parking & turn signal lamp.
All are completely interchangeable.

This is actually a 1300 fender because of the mounting tab for the 1300 parking & turn signal lamp.
All are completely interchangeable.
I agree that they are all interchangeable, but the bumpers on the '74s didn't use the shocks and the fenders we're shaped a bit differently because of that. (Also had holes to mount the "blades".)

The part is so old that any original Bertone (or Fiat) factory identification has worn off, so I cannot provide an original part number.

I just went out and looked at a 1979 in the yard, the mounting of the bumper shock is inches away from the fender. so I can't see how that would change fender design. Yes, a 1974 has a drilled hole for the mounting of the wrap around bumper, but any body shop that has the skill to cut a fender off a unibody car, and then weld on a new one, should also have the skill to locate and drill a hole.
In addition, the original picture I posted does not show the bumper hole, so we can establish that it is NOT a 1974 specific fender.

Would you like for me to post a picture of the front of the fender so you can confirm there is nothing there that may, or may not, effect about how the tube shock for the 1975-88 bumper mounts?

My goal is to sell the fender, as my client needs the cash flow for his project.

Chris, Of course you are right. My apologies, I'm embarrassed that I made a mistake and may have caused confusion. I was thinking of the nose cone for a '74 (sheet metal that I would like to find).
GLWTS

I have one of those! Unfortunately (for you), it's on my 1974 X, which is all painted and ready to assemble. So you can't have it.

Someday, I hope to get that car back together. It's all planned out to be my own keeper X1/9. Every trick Mark & I have learned about X1/9s, all packed into a 1974 body. Street legal, of course.
But there is so much customer work demanding my attention (I need to pay bills), that I can only hope I get to it before my estate has to sell it off.

Meanwhile, anyone want the fender? Make me an offer directly, and I will run it by the owner for approval. Got a fuel cell that will mount in the front trunk of a Lancia Scorpion? He might just trade you...

My customer has authorized me to drop then price to US $250.00, as he has a substantial payment due on Tuesday.

Any takers?

Back