New video to share but vintage motorcycle related instead...

motoTrooper

True Classic
Hey all, as we all can feel, it's been a weird, weird time. I've been trying to get back on track with so many things. I will be posting more Lancia Scorpion stuff soon but as a warmup act (and to get my arms around a whole new editing software suite), I put together this video of a motorcycle build I carried out earlier. I will be more active again as well (to everyone's horror, indifference, or joy). Anyway I hope you like it.

That was a nice video, I'm sure your neighbors love you! Since I was never into cars or bikes as a little kid, I had no motivation like you. Being single till I was 30 I had plenty of time and money to buy whatever bikes I wanted (and like my Fiats, I would get bored and move on after 18 months). I would like to get back to at least building bikes and tried it a few times but got terminally stalled as the wife had indicated no more bike riding for me so hard to build something you can't enjoy. I couldn't go home again, I really liked my Yamaha XS 750 triple and years later went and bought another one but the feeling was gone.

What's next?

Thank you moderators for moving this post to the appropriate forum! Sorry, my bad, I should have done so when I posted.

Very cool. Nice touches on the guards.

The exhaust note, not sure I could love that.

Thanks, yeah the exhaust was a compromise. It's a 180 degree twin so it's cadence is distinct. The mufflers are cheap EMGO's which I have spent too much time modding to flow properly to match the carbs, reduce noise, and remain lightweight. I have achieved a good balance with them though (in my opinion). They do tend to bring other drivers out of their stupor or texting (or both) and pay attention...

CV carbs don't like pod filters attached directly to them. You might find the bike will run better with some velocity stacks or, god forbid, the stock airbox. My brother went around and round with the flat spot issue on his Honda CB350 roadracer.

No fueling issues to speak of, for a bike of its size and design it pulls well and cleanly through to redline.

Back