New wheels for the Abarth...

zonker

Just Another FIAT Freak
Thought I'd share what the 15" CD66 replicas look like on an Abarth...
16601629_1665848196764949_783857073612982889_o.jpg

Hah, that'll teach me to not look down the whole list of new topics before I make a comment.

Looks great. I really like seeing a bit more rubber on the sidewalks, funny how much different it looks. I am sure no one younger would like the look.

I didn't think the brakes on the Abarth would allow a 15" rim, good to see that they do. With the roads in my region 17" rims would be expensive with bent rims and destroyed tires, 16s would be better but those 15s are splendid.

So if you get bored, I would love to see those rims on an X1/9, hint hint :)

"So if you get bored, I would love to see those rims on an X1/9, hint hint :)"

Well... I would like to try them too, but the 500's taller mounted on them will not clear the body. They would look awesome though...

What is the tire size you have on those at the moment? I take it they are larger than the tires that would be on the Easy.

"So if you get bored, I would love to see those rims on an X1/9, hint hint :)"

Well... I would like to try them too, but the 500's taller mounted on them will not clear the body. They would look awesome though...

Indeed they do look awesome, not vintage exactly but a nice alternative to the current heavy looking rims.

So another follow up question or two.

The offset on these is 25, normally a front wheel drive car has an offset in the 45 range. The rear tire looks notably farther out of the rear fender well, at least as compared to stock. Is this a problem with wheel opening clearance during jounce and full lock movement?

So with the greater track width due to the lesser offset, do you notice any effect on handling or steering?

Many thanks.

I think Brett M's son is running these on his Stradle homage X.

(Not my pic)

Attachments

• 33734216931_c8750cd867_b.jpg
    33734216931_c8750cd867_b.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 142
Im not sure. I think I asked him but forget. If he sees this thread Im sure he'll give us the details. I may message him on FB and direct him this way.

Back