New wheels!

dcioccarelli

Dominic Cioccarelli
I (finally!) got my CD 39s installed. I bought them a couple of years ago but it took me this long to get them restored, painted, tyres mounted, etc. Unfortunately this year hasn't been particularly good for working on the Fiat :(. The gold is the same one used on the first generation Renault Williams Clio. I didn't get them powder coated as I'd have had fewer choices in terms of the exact colour I was looking for.

I was surprised to find that I could just bolt them straight on without any spacers (tyres are 185/60). I get a little bit of rub in the inner fender on full lock. There is significantly less vibration than I had with my reproduction (aluminium) CD 30s where it was very difficult to get them centred. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the end result:

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 80
Those wheels are always a crowd pleaser. I saw an ad from Middle Barton Garage that they sell similar Campagnolo wheels in 5.5, 7, and 8 inch wide 13". I'm sure you would need a second mortgage to get a set.

Those are super cool, Dominic!!! Love the way the gold plays off the green. Striking and unique. Be prepared for an increased number of onlookers with the ever common, “what kind of car is that?” question and perplexed faces. Love it!

Those are super cool, Dominic!!! Love the way the gold plays off the green. Striking and unique. Be prepared for an increased number of onlookers with the ever common, “what kind of car is that?” question and perplexed faces. Love it!

Thanks! Yes, either "what kind of car is that?” or, worse, that's a nice TR7 :mad:

Back