New Wheels

Ron Avery

True Classic
I just purchased some new to me wheels. 13x5 1/2, Campagnolos. also I have included some better Air box pics.
engine_2.jpg
engine.jpg
Front.jpg
rear.jpg
wheel.jpg
engine+3.jpg

Last edited:
Ron, is your snail mount OK? Your exhaust hangs low on the right side...

Thanks guys, I know about the exhaust alignment. It is as old ha it gets.
The tires are Perelli 175/70/13’s

I just purchased some new to me wheels. 13x5 1/2, Campagnolos. also I have included some better Air box pics.View attachment 57024View attachment 57025View attachment 57031View attachment 57028View attachment 57029View attachment 57030
I just can’t believe how you keep making that car uglier and uglier.

You should be ashamed and just give that horrifying assemblage to someone who can really do it justice. I would be happy to relieve you of the odious responsibility of improving this car and give you a whole dollar bill for it.

Oh my eyes, the pain the pain.

Seriously though, I love the CN36s, they looked cool back in the day and still look cool. Love the rim update through the last ones weren’t bad either.

Someday I will make one of my cars look good :(

Last edited:
Great looking, however, just a curious question. Why do you have the fan going into the aircleaner box? The fan was to cool down the temp around the carb, etc to reduce the potential for vapor lock.

Regardless, your new rims look fantastic! I need a set of those on my 74. Really nice job and attention to detail.

Great looking, however, just a curious question. Why do you have the fan going into the aircleaner box? The fan was to cool down the temp around the carb, etc to reduce the potential for vapor lock.

Regardless, your new rims look fantastic! I need a set of those on my 74. Really nice job and attention to detail.
Thanks for the nice comment. I have the fan set up this way, to help move cold air from the low pressure area behind the rear window. And from the engine lid and passenger side air duct.since the car is mostly used for Autocross events at speed under 50 MPH.

Nice wheels and tires. I ran the 185/70-13 CN36 tires back in the 70s before 60 series were available. They handled great. I here the new ones are even better.
I agree, apparently they’re being manufactured with new modern compounds. I like them so far.

That is sweet looking no matter how you cut it, love the CN-36. The originals had a much larger block pattern. How is the tracking with the new tires on the highway?

I agree, apparently they’re being manufactured with new modern compounds. I like them so far.
I think the 70 series in that size range does a much better job of filling up the X wheel wells than the 60 series options. Is that stock ride height or have some mods been made? With the poor choices available for 185/60-13, I may go back to the 185/70-13 CN36 when my tires are shot.

That is sweet looking no matter how you cut it, love the CN-36. The originals had a much larger block pattern. How is the tracking with the new tires on the highway?
It is pulled a little by the freeway groves out here in SoCal. But not bad.

I think the 70 series in that size range does a much better job of filling up the X wheel wells than the 60 series options. Is that stock ride height or have some mods been made? With the poor choices available for 185/60-13, I may go back to the 185/70-13 CN36 when my tires are shot.
The car is lowered with yellow springs.

Back