New Year's Day tour

Chris Obert

autocrosser, X driver
The local Fiat club, Fiat America, always has a New Year's Day tour. Even with the huge storms we have been having here in the SF Bay Area New Year's Day was bright and sunny. And warm, compared to today.

Some club members have posted pictures, we had 5 X1/9s on the tour. Not bad considering the other 3 Fiats were new(ish) ones. 11 cars all together, we were expecting 20, but a lot of members used the nice day to clean up their places instead.
Photos here

I drove my beater 1979 that other than being used as a spare car at club driver's schools has been sitting under a walnut tree since 2010. It's the second picture.
The black one in the second from last picture won best X1/9 at the club's Fiat of the year competition earlier this year (we had a special class celebrating 50 years of the X1/9 that was judged and announced at the event), and I predict it will win the coveted "Fiat of the Year" trophy at the club banquet in a few weeks.
It's nice to see he was not afraid to drive it in the muddy conditions we encountered!

I hope the weather was good enough where you live that you got your classic Fiat out. And drove it!

Last edited:
Back